Lactaid Fast Act is a lactase enzyme supplement designed to help people with lactose intolerance digest dairy products. Lactase is an enzyme naturally produced by the body to break down lactose, the sugar found in dairy products. However, those with lactose intolerance do not produce enough lactase, leading to symptoms such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea when consuming dairy products.
Lactaid Fast Act contains lactase enzymes to supplement the body’s natural supply, helping to break down lactose and alleviate digestive discomfort. The supplement is available in caplet form or as chewable tablets and works quickly to make dairy foods easier to digest.
Use and Dosage
The Lactaid Fast Act Chewables come in tablet form, which is convenient for individuals who are always on the go. These chewable tablets are designed to be taken orally by mouth, making it easier to consume dairy products without experiencing digestive discomfort. By taking the chewable tablet before consuming dairy products, individuals with lactose intolerance can enjoy their favorite dairy products, without worrying about experiencing any uncomfortable symptoms
The tablets can be taken at the first bite of dairy food, or if necessary, two tablets can be taken at one time. If you continue to eat foods containing dairy after 30-45 minutes, another tablet can be taken.
To use Lactaid Fast Act Chewable tablets, you should take one tablet with your first bite of dairy food. If necessary, you may take two chewable tablets at one time. Enjoy your dairy as usual! These tablets contain natural lactase enzymes which help to make dairy food easy to digest for those with lactose intolerance. Consult with your doctor or healthcare provider before taking any new dietary supplements.
Common Side Effects of Lactaid Fast Act Chewables (Lactase enzyme non -Rx):
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
Serious Side Effects of Lactaid Fast Act Chewables (Lactase enzyme non -Rx):
- Allergic reactions include: hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
Forms and Strength
Lactaid Fast Act Chewables (Lactase enzyme non -Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Lactaid Fast Act Chewables: Tablet
- 9000 FCCLU
- Severe or long-term side effects: Some dosage forms of lactase may have severe or long-term side effects, which may vary depending on the individual’s health and dosage.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: Some common side effects of lactase include bloating, gas, stomach upset, and diarrhea.
- Allergic reactions: In rare cases, lactase supplements may cause an allergic reaction, which can be life-threatening. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Drug interactions: Lactase supplements may interact with other medications, such as antibiotics or antifungal drugs, and can affect the absorption and effectiveness of these drugs.
- Overdose: Taking too much lactase can lead to overdose symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
- Not suitable for infants: Lactase supplements are not recommended for infants, as they are not developed enough to digest lactose properly.
- Not a treatment for lactose intolerance: Lactase supplements do not treat lactose intolerance, but rather provide a temporary solution for lactose digestion.
- Dietary restrictions: People following specialized diets such as vegan or kosher should be aware of the potential for animal-derived ingredients in lactase supplements.
- Interference with glucose testing: Continuous use of lactase supplements can cause interference with glucose testing, so it is recommended to inform healthcare providers about their use.
- Storage: Lactase supplements should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does the effect of Lactaid Fast Act Chewables last?
The effect of Lactaid Fast Act Chewables usually lasts for about one hour.
How do I take Lactaid Fast Act Chewables?
Chew one or two Lactaid Fast Act Chewables right before consuming dairy products. If necessary, you can take another two tablets after 30-45 minutes.
Can I use Lactaid Fast Act Chewables if I am allergic to dairy?
Lactaid Fast Act Chewables are not suitable for people who are allergic to dairy, as they do not prevent an allergic reaction.
Are Lactaid Fast Act Chewables safe for children?
Lactaid Fast Act Chewables are safe for children over the age of four, consult with a healthcare provider before use.