Table of contents:
Lactaid Extra Strength is a product designed to help people who have trouble digesting milk and other dairy products due to lactose intolerance. It contains lactase enzyme that breaks down lactose into easily digestible sugars, preventing uncomfortable symptoms such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
Use and Dosage
Lactaid Extra Strength is a medication that is designed to be taken orally, and it comes in the form of tablets. These tablets are specially formulated to provide extra strength to individuals who are lactose intolerant, helping them to digest dairy products more effectively.
Lactaid Extra Strength tablets are an ideal option for people who are searching for a convenient and effective way to manage their lactose intolerance symptoms. With Lactaid Extra Strength tablets, individuals can enjoy their favorite dairy foods without discomfort or digestive issues. Furthermore, these tablets are a reliable and trusted form of treatment, providing users with peace of mind and confidence in their ability to manage their lactose intolerance symptoms.
Common Side Effects of Lactaid Extra Strength (Lactase enzyme non -Rx):
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Hives or rash
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
Forms and Strength
Lactaid Extra Strength (Lactase enzyme non -Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Lactaid Extra Strength: Tablet
- 4500 FCCLU
- Consult with a doctor before using Lactaid Extra Strength, especially if you have a known allergy to lactase enzyme or any other ingredients in the product.
- Lactaid Extra Strength may cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms, such as bloating, gas, or diarrhea, in some people.
- Lactaid Extra Strength is not a cure for lactose intolerance and does not work for everyone. If symptoms persist, it is important to seek medical advice.
- Lactaid Extra Strength should be taken with the first bite of dairy foods and not after, to ensure maximum efficacy.
- Lactaid Extra Strength should not be used in place of a healthy and balanced diet that does not include dairy products if you are lactose intolerant.
- Lactaid Extra Strength should not be used by individuals with galactosemia, a rare genetic condition, as it can worsen the symptoms.
- There is limited information on the safety and efficacy of Lactaid Extra Strength during pregnancy and breastfeeding, so it is recommended to consult with a healthcare provider before using it in these situations.
- Some users have reported an unpleasant taste or odor associated with Lactaid Extra Strength products.
- Store Lactaid Extra Strength products in a cool, dry place and check the expiration date before use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can children take Lactaid Extra Strength?
Lactaid Extra Strength is considered safe for children but may not be suitable for infants. It is important to consult a healthcare provider before giving it to children.
Is Lactaid Extra Strength vegan or vegetarian?
Lactaid Extra Strength contains lactase enzyme derived from a microbial source and is considered vegan and vegetarian friendly.
How long does Lactaid Extra Strength remain effective?
The effectiveness of Lactaid Extra Strength varies depending on the individual's level of lactose intolerance and the amount of dairy consumed. Typically, it remains effective for about one hour, but it may last longer for some individuals.
Can I overdose on Lactaid Extra Strength?
It is unlikely to overdose on Lactaid Extra Strength if taken as directed. However, taking too much of it may lead to digestive discomfort and other side effects. It is important to follow the instructions on the product label or as directed by a healthcare provider.
It's important to purchase Lactaid Extra Strength from verified Canadian pharmacy.