Table of contents:
Kwellada-P Creme Rinse is a product that is used to treat head lice infestations. It contains 1% permethrin which paralyzes and kills lice, as well as their eggs (nits). Permethrin belongs to a group of medications called synthetic pyrethroids, which are insecticides. It works by paralyzing lice, killing them and their nits (eggs). Scalp itching may continue for up to 2 weeks after treatment.
Use and Dosage
To use Kwellada P Cream Rinse, first, make sure your hair and scalp are clean and dry. Then, shake the bottle well and apply enough of the product to ensure that the hair and scalp are completely covered, especially behind the ears and at the base of the neck. Leave the product on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly with water. Repeat the treatment one week later to ensure that all the lice and eggs have been eliminated.
Do not apply permethrin cream rinse to mucous membranes (inside of mouth, nose) or near the eyes. It is unlikely that you will need a second application. However, if you observe lice 7 days after the first treatment, repeat the process again.
Follow the instructions carefully to ensure the treatment is effective. If you have any further questions about how to use Kwellada P Cream Rinse, consult with your doctor or healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Kwellada P Cream Rinse (Permethrin - non-Rx):
- Mild burning or stinging
- Redness, numbness, tingling, or rash of the scalp
Forms and Strength
Kwellada P Cream Rinse (Permethrin - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Kwellada P Cream Rinse: Cream Rinse Liquid
- Do not use it on newborns or infants.
- Do not use it if the scalp is irritated or infected.
- Care should be taken not to get the product in the eyes or mouth.
- It should only be used once every 7 to 10 days, and not more frequently without medical advice.
- Accidental ingestion should be immediately reported to a healthcare provider.
- If skin irritation or allergic reaction occurs, discontinue use, and consult a healthcare provider.
- It may interact with certain medications or medical conditions, inform the healthcare provider of any other medical conditions or medications being taken.
- It can be harmful if swallowed, and accidental ingestion should be immediately reported to a healthcare provider.
- It should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding without medical advice.
- It may cause temporary scalp tingling, burning, or stinging.
- It may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions, and the product should be discontinued if such reactions occur.
- Avoid contact with clothing, bedding, or other fabrics until the hair is completely dry after using the product.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does Kwellada P Cream Rinse take to work?
Kwellada P Cream Rinse is effective at killing lice and scabies mites on the first application. However, repeat the treatment one week later to ensure that all the eggs (nits) have been eliminated.
Can Kwellada P Cream Rinse be used to treat pets?
Kwellada P Cream Rinse is formulated for use on humans and should not be used on pets. Permethrin products for pets are available, but they are formulated differently and should not be used on humans.
Can Kwellada P Cream Rinse be used on children?
Kwellada P Cream Rinse can be used on children two months and older for its approved indications. However, follow the instructions carefully and consult with a doctor if you have any concerns.
Do I need a prescription to buy Kwellada P Cream Rinse?
Yes, Kwellada P Cream Rinse is a prescription drug and requires a prescription from a doctor or healthcare professional.
It's important to purchase Kwellada P Cream Rinse from verified Canadian pharmacy.