Table of contents:
Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablet is used to prevent heartworm disease and control gastrointestinal parasitic infections caused by hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and tapeworms in very small dogs.
The Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablet for very small dogs contains milbemycin oxime and praziquantel as active ingredients. Milbemycin oxime is used to prevent heartworm disease and control various gastrointestinal parasites such as hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. Praziquantel is an anthelmintic drug used to treat tapeworm infections.
Use and Dosage
Interceptor Spectrum Orange is a chewable tablet that should be given once a month to protect against heartworms and other internal parasites. The tablet can be given with a small meal or placed directly in the dog's mouth to be chewed. Make sure dog finishes the given dose to see the result.
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian or on the product packaging. Additionally, it should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept out of the reach of children and pets. Typically, the chews are given once a month to dogs weighing between 0-4kg to protect against heartworm and other internal parasites. The chews can be added to a small meal or given directly to the dog to chew.
Common Side Effects of Interceptor Spectrum Orange Chewable for Very Small Dog (Milbemycin Oxime/Praziquantel):
- Dizziness or loss of coordination
- Excessive drooling
- Itching or skin irritation
- Loss of appetite
- Tremors or shaking
Forms and Strength
Interceptor Spectrum Orange Chewable for Very Small Dog (Milbemycin Oxime/Praziquantel) is available in the following forms and strength:
Interceptor Spectrum Orange Chewable for Very Small Dog: Chewable Tablet
- The product is for use in dogs only and should not be administered to cats.
- Dogs should be tested for heartworms prior to using Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets.
- In a small percentage of treated dogs, digestive, neurological, and skin side effects may occur. Therefore, pet owners should monitor their dogs for any unusual signs or symptoms.
- The product may cause a hypersensitivity reaction. If such a reaction occurs, pet owners are advised to seek immediate veterinary care.
- Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets must be administered once a month at the recommended dose to be effective.
- The product should be administered with food or directly into the dog's mouth.
- Pet owners should ensure that their dogs are adequately hydrated while using it.
- The product is intended for use in very small dogs up to 2 kg (4.4 lbs.) and should not be used in dogs weighing more than 2 kg.
- Pet owners should follow the recommended dosage based on their dog's weight and age, as overdosage can cause serious side effects.
- The product should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat.
- If dogs are pregnant or lactating, consult a veterinarian before using Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets.
- Dogs with a history of hypersensitivity to milbemycin oxime, praziquantel, or similar drugs should not be given Interceptor Spectrum Orange.
- Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets may interact with other drugs, especially those containing organophosphates or cholinesterase inhibitors. Consult a veterinarian before using Interceptor Spectrum Orange with other medications.
- In rare cases, dogs may experience adverse reactions to praziquantel, such as vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or lethargy. Monitor your dog for any signs of adverse reactions and contact your veterinarian if any occur.
- The product should not be used beyond the expiration date on the packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Interceptor Spectrum Orange be used in cats?
No, Interceptor Spectrum Orange is for use in dogs only and should not be administered to cats.
How should Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets be stored?
The product should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat.
Can Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets be used in pregnant or lactating dogs?
Consult with a veterinarian before administering Interceptor Spectrum Orange chewable tablets to dogs who are pregnant or lactating.
It's important to purchase Interceptor Spectrum Orange Chewable for Very Small Dog from verified Canadian pharmacy.