Table of contents:
Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable is a monthly heartworm preventive medication in the form of tasty chews for large dogs weighing between 22-45 kg (50.1-100 lbs). It also protects against other common internal parasites such as roundworm, whipworm, hookworm, and tapeworm. The chews are easy to administer and can be given to dogs as young as 2 weeks of age.
Interceptor works by using two active ingredients: milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. Milbemycin oxime works to kill and prevent heartworm disease by targeting the parasites in their juvenile stage and preventing them from maturing into adults and causing damage to the heart and lungs.
Praziquantel works to kill tapeworms by breaking down their protective outer layer and allowing the dog's immune system to attack and destroy them. Together, these two ingredients provide comprehensive protection against heartworms and multiple types of internal parasites.
Use and Dosage
Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dogs is a chewable tablet that should be given once a month to protect against heartworms and other internal parasites. The tablet can be given with a small meal or placed directly in the dog's mouth to be chewed. Make sure dog finishes the given dose to see the result.
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian or on the product packaging. Additionally, Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept out of the reach of children and pets. Typically, the chews are given once a month to dogs weighing between 22-45 kg (50.1-100 lbs) to protect against heartworms and other internal parasites. The chews can be added to a small meal or given directly to the dog to chew.
Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable should be stored in a cool, dry place, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.
Common Side Effects of Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dog (Milbemycin Oxime/Praziquantel):
- Dizziness or loss of coordination
- Excessive drooling
- Itching or skin irritation
- Loss of appetite
- Tremors or shaking
Forms and Strength
Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dog (Milbemycin Oxime/Praziquantel) is available in the following forms and strength:
Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dog: Chewable Tablet
- While Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dog is considered safe, it may cause side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, or lethargy in some dogs.
- Follow the dosing instructions carefully to ensure that your dog receives the correct amount of medication.
- It is not recommended for use in puppies under 2 weeks of age.
- Dogs with a history of sensitivity to the ingredients in Interceptor Spectrum should not use the tablet.
- If your dog is currently taking any other medications, be sure to notify your veterinarian, as some drug interactions may occur.
- Pregnant or nursing dogs should only use Interceptor Spectrum under the guidance of a veterinarian.
- Always consult with a veterinarian before administering it or any other medication to your dog to make sure it is appropriate and safe for your pet's specific needs.
- Dogs with a history of seizure disorders should only use Interceptor Spectrum under the guidance of a veterinarian, as it may trigger seizures in some cases.
- If a dog overdoses on Interceptor Spectrum, symptoms such as increased salivation, tremors, and uncoordinated movement may occur. If you suspect an overdose, seek veterinary attention immediately.
- If a dog has intestinal or liver disease, it may require a reduced dosage or special monitoring when taking Interceptor Spectrum.
- Interceptor Spectrum is designed for use in dogs only and should not be given to other animals or humans.
- Storage is important for maintaining the effectiveness of the tablet. It should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Always read the label carefully and follow the instructions provided by your veterinarian or on the packaging. If you have any questions or concerns about your dog's medication, contact your veterinarian for advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often should Interceptor Spectrum be given to my dog?
Interceptor Spectrum is given once a month to dogs to provide ongoing protection against heartworms and other internal parasites.
Can I give Interceptor Spectrum to my puppy?
Yes, Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable is safe to use in puppies as young as 2 weeks old.
Can Interceptor Spectrum be given to puppies?
Yes, Interceptor Spectrum is safe to use in puppies as young as 2 weeks old.
Can Interceptor Spectrum be used with other medications?
Consult with your veterinarian if your dog is currently taking any other medications, as some drug interactions may occur.
It's important to purchase Interceptor Spectrum Blue Chewable for Large Dog from verified Canadian pharmacy.