Table of contents:
Inhibace is a medication that belongs to a class of drugs called ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitors. It is used to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.
It works by relaxing blood vessels, which helps to lower blood pressure and increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
Use and Dosage
Inhibace is typically taken as an oral tablet once per day, or as directed by your physician. It is not necessary to take the tablet with food. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water, and do not cut, chew, or crush it.
The recommended dosage of Inhibace varies depending on the condition being treated, kidney and liver function, and other medications being taken. For the treatment of high blood pressure, the usual dose range is 2.5 mg to 5 mg once daily. The recommended initial dosage for cilazapril is 0.5 mg once a day, which may be increased as needed. Dosage adjustments should be made according to the blood pressure response. However, consult with a healthcare provider to determine the appropriate dosage for your specific needs.
Take Inhibace exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Inhibace (Cilazapril):
- Abdominal pain
- An altered sense of taste
- Cough (dry or persistent)
- Decreased appetite
- Increased sweating
- Joint pain
- Muscle cramps
- Pins and needles sensation
- Runny or stuffed nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual tiredness
- Weakness (loss of energy)
Serious Side Effects of Inhibace (Cilazapril):
- Hypotension or postural hypotension
- Changes in urinary output
- Symptoms of high potassium levels in the blood or hyperkalemia (palpitations, numbness, muscle weakness)
- Signs of transient ischemic attack or TIA (weakness on one side of the body, slurred speech, sudden changes in vision, loss of coordination)
Forms and Strength
Inhibace (Cilazapril) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 1 mg
- 5 mg
- 1 mg
- 2.5 mg
- 5 mg
- The medication may cause low blood pressure, especially in patients who are dehydrated or have kidney problems.
- Inhibace should not be used during pregnancy, as it may harm the developing fetus.
- Patients with a history of angioedema or other allergic reactions to ACE inhibitors should not take Inhibace.
- Inhibace may interact with other medications, including diuretics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Patients with liver problems may require cautious dose titration of Inhibace.
- Patients with heart failure should be closely monitored when taking Inhibace.
- Inhibace may cause electrolyte imbalances, particularly high potassium levels, in some patients.
- The medication may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so patients should avoid activities that require alertness until they know how it affects them.
- Inhibace may impair kidney function, so kidney function should be monitored regularly in patients taking the medication.
- Patients with a history of liver disease or dysfunction should be closely monitored while taking Inhibace.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Inhibace be taken with food?
Inhibace may be taken with or without food. However, take it at the same time each day to maintain a consistent level of medication in the body.
How long does it take for Inhibace to work?
Inhibace starts to work within one hour of taking the medication, but it may take several weeks for the full therapeutic effect to be achieved.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Inhibace?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not double up on doses.
How often should I have my blood pressure monitored while taking Inhibace?
The frequency of blood pressure monitoring may vary depending on the patient's condition and response to the medication. Your doctor will advise you on how often you need to have your blood pressure checked.
It's important to purchase Inhibace from verified Canadian pharmacy.