Table of contents:
Gravol Ginger Filmkote is antinauseant medication commonly used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness, morning sickness during pregnancy, chemotherapy, and other medical treatments.
Gravol Ginger Filmkote uses ginger as its active ingredient. Ginger can help alleviate nausea and vomiting, making it a useful addition to medications like Gravol that are used to treat these symptoms. The FilmKote coating on the tablets makes them easy to swallow and taste-free.
Use and Dosage
Gravol Ginger Filmkote comes in the form of tablets to take it by mouth as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not crush or chew it.
For motion sickness, take the first dose at least 30 minutes before departure and preferably 1 to 2 hours before departure. The medication typically starts working within 15 to 30 minutes after taking it. Always read the product monograph and consult a healthcare professional before taking any medication to ensure safety and proper usage.
Use Gravol Ginger Filmkote exactly as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. If you are taking Ginger regularly and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets (Ginger - non-Rx):
- Dry mouth
- Excitement (especially in children)
- Lack of energy
Serious Side Effects of Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets (Ginger - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision or any change in vision
- Difficulty passing urine
- Rapid, shallow breathing
- Skin rash
- Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; hives; swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat)
Forms and Strength
Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets (Ginger - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets: Filmkote Tablets
- Dimenhydrinate, which is the active ingredient alongside ginger, should be used with caution in patients with seizure disorders.
- As with any medication, consult a healthcare professional before using Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets, especially if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- While Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets are considered safe for use during pregnancy, consult a doctor or pharmacist before using the medications or any other medication during pregnancy.
- Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets may cause drowsiness and impair your ability to perform tasks requiring alertness, avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while taking it.
- Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets should not be used by children under two years old, except under the advice and supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets can interact with other medications and supplements, inform your healthcare professional if you are taking any other medications or supplements before using the tablet.
- People with liver or kidney disease, glaucoma, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or other respiratory conditions, or an enlarged prostate should use Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets with caution and under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- The product monograph recommends avoiding alcohol while taking Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets, as alcohol can worsen drowsiness and other side effects of the medication.
- The safety and effectiveness of Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets have not been established in people over the age of 65, so this population should use the tablet with caution.
- Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from light and moisture, and out of reach of children.
- If you experience any serious side effects or an allergic reaction to Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets, you should stop using the medication immediately and seek medical attention.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Gravol Ginger Filmkote be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes, Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets can be taken on an empty stomach.
Is Gravol Ginger Filmkote addictive?
No, Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets are not addictive.
Can I crush or chew Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets?
No, Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets should not be crushed or chewed, as it may affect the effectiveness of the medication.
How long does Gravol Ginger Filmkote take to start working?
Ginger Filmkote Tablets start working within 15 to 30 minutes after taking the medication.
It's important to purchase Gravol Ginger Filmkote Tablets from verified Canadian pharmacy.