Table of contents:
Fisherman's Friend offers a sucrose-free cherry-flavored cough suppressant lozenge indicated to provide temporary relief from cough and cold symptoms by soothing throat and bronchial irritation. It can temporarily relieve coughing, sore throat, and bronchial irritation occurring with the common cold or inhaled irritants.
The Sucrose Free Cherry Fishermans Friend is made with a strong menthol formulation for relief from cough and cold symptoms. The strong menthol formulation in these lozenges helps to open up airways and make it easier to breathe, while also providing a cooling sensation in the throat.
Use and Dosage
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Cherry comes in the form of lozenges to it orally. The lozenges should be placed on mouth and allow the lozenge to dissolve slowly in your mouth and swallow the dissolved liquid along with your saliva. Do not chew or swallow it whole.
Adults and children aged 2 years and above can use Fisherman's Friend Sugar Free Cherry cough suppressant lozenges by allowing one lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth. It can be repeated every 2 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor. Do not increase your dose or use the lozenges more often or for longer than directed.
If you have a sore throat that is severe or that lasts more than 2 days, or a cough that lasts more than 7 days or keeps coming back, or symptoms occur with a fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting, tell your doctor promptly.
Common Side Effects of Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Cherry (Menthol - non-Rx):
- Abdominal pain
- Condition of involuntary eye movement
- Contact dermatitis
- Feeling tired
- Fluid retention
- Irregularities in heart rhythm
- Missed menstrual periods
- Sexual problems in men
- Sleep disorder
- Stomach upset
Forms and Strength
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Cherry (Menthol - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Cherry: Lozenges (sucrose free)
- No dose
- Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat that occurs with high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious and require medical attention.
- Use caution in individuals with allergies: Menthol may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- Keep out of reach of children: The Lozenges should be kept out of reach of children to prevent accidental ingestion.
- Use as directed: To avoid potential side effects and ensure proper treatment, follow the instructions and use the Lozenges only as directed.
- Storage: The Lozenges should be stored in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Medical history: If you have any preexisting medical conditions or are taking any medications, consult your doctor or healthcare provider before using the Lozenges.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor or healthcare provider before using the Lozenges to ensure that it is safe for them and their baby.
- Interactions with other drugs: Menthol may interact with other drugs, including those for cough and cold symptoms. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider if you are taking any other medications before using it.
- Overuse caution: Overuse of lozenges may result in an upset stomach or other side effects.
- Other symptoms: If you experience other symptoms such as rash, itching, difficulty breathing, or swelling after using the Lozenges, discontinue use and seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Fisherman's Friend lozenges gluten-free?
Yes, Fisherman's Friend lozenges are gluten-free.
Is Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Cherry safe for people with diabetes?
Yes, Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Cherry is safe for people with diabetes as it is free from sugar and sucrose.
How long does it take for Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Cherry to work?
The time it takes for Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Cherry to work may vary based on individual factors such as the severity of the cough.
It's important to purchase Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Cherry from verified Canadian pharmacy.