Table of contents:
Benzagel wash is a topical treatment for uncomplicated facial acne as well as acne vulgaris. It contains 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, in a unique formulation that is intended to minimize irritation. It is a skin preparation product that helps you look and feel your best. It works by utilizing the active ingredient, benzoyl peroxide, which is an effective topical treatment for acne.
Benzoyl peroxide reduces the amount of bacteria on the skin that causes acne inflammation and helps to unclog pores and decrease oil production. When used as directed, Benzagel Wash can help to improve the appearance of mild to moderate acne by reducing the number and severity of pimples.
Use and Dosage
Use Benzagel Wash twice daily, usually in the morning and evening, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Overuse of the product can lead to excessive dryness, redness, and peeling of the skin. Use it as directed and seek medical advice if you have any concerns or questions about the frequency of use.
To use Benzagel Wash, you should wet the affected area and gently apply the product, carefully avoiding the eyes and mouth. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Wash your face twice daily with Benzagel Acne Wash and warm water using a gentle rubbing action. Rinse off after 20-30 seconds and dry with a clean towel. Shake the product well before use. If you have sensitive skin, use it with caution and under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Benzagel Wash (Benzoyl Peroxide - non-Rx):
- Changes in color
- Swelling of the skin where the medicine is applied
Serious Side Effects of Benzagel Wash (Benzoyl Peroxide - non-Rx):
- Chest tightness
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fast heartbeat
- Hives, itching, or skin rash
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Large, hive-like swelling on face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- Redness or other discoloration of the skin
- Severe sunburn
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Tightness in the throat
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Forms and Strength
Benzagel Wash (Benzoyl Peroxide - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Benzagel Wash: Wash
- Skin reactions such as peeling, itching, or burning may occur as common side effects.
- Benzoyl peroxide may interact with other drugs, keep a list of all products used, including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products.
- Benzoyl peroxide should be used with caution in patients with sensitive skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide is highly reactive, so it should not be used simultaneously with other topical agents or with abrasive or medicinal soaps and cleansers.
- Benzoyl peroxide may bleach hair or colored fabrics, so care must be taken to avoid contact with clothing, furniture, and carpets.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be used on areas of skin that are sunburned, irritated, or broken.
- Benzoyl peroxide may increase sensitivity to sunlight, use sunscreen and limit exposure to the sun.
- Benzoyl peroxide should be used only as directed and not on larger or smaller areas of skin or for longer than recommended.
- Patients should avoid using other skin products that contain salicylic acid, sulfur, or resorcinol while using Benzagel Wash, as this may cause excessive dryness or irritation.
- Patients with a history of allergies or hypersensitivity to benzoyl peroxide should avoid using Benzagel Wash.
- Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding should consult with their healthcare providers before using Benzagel Wash.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long will it take for Benzagel Wash to work?
The length of time it takes for Benzagel Wash to work can vary from person to person. Continue using the product as directed and to give it time to work.
Can I use Benzagel Wash with other acne treatments?
Speak with a healthcare professional before using Benzagel Wash with other acne treatments.
Can I use Benzagel Wash during pregnancy?
Pregnant women speak with a healthcare professional before using Benzagel Wash.
It's important to purchase Benzagel Wash from verified Canadian pharmacy.