Table of contents:
Atrovent Nasal Spray is a prescription medication used to treat nasal congestion due to allergies and other causes. It can be used to treat the symptoms of seasonal allergies and runny nose caused by the common cold. It contains an active ingredient called Ipratropium Bromide. It works by blocking certain natural substances that can cause nasal congestion.
Atrovent Nasal Spray is a liquid spray that is used directly in the nose, which it helps to reduce swelling, irritation, and blockage of nasal passages. It helps to improve breathing and can provide relief from the symptoms associated with allergies and colds.
Uses and Dosage
To use Ipratropium Bromide nasal spray, gently blow your nose before using the drug. Spray the medication into the nostrils as directed by your doctor. The dosing regimen depends on the indication being treated.
If you are using ipratropium nasal spray 0.06% to treat the common cold, it is typically sprayed in the nostrils three to four times a day for up to four days. If it is being used to treat seasonal allergies, it is usually sprayed in the nostrils four times a day for up to three weeks. Ipratropium nasal spray 0.03% is typically sprayed in the nostrils two to three times a day. Use the medication at the same time each day and follow the instructions on the prescription label carefully. Do not use more or less than prescribed or use it more often than directed by your doctor.
Common Side Effects of Atrovent Nasal Spray (Ipratropium Bromide):
- Dry mouth or throat
- Dry nose
- Minor nosebleed
- Sore throat
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in the mouth
Serious Side Effects of Atrovent Nasal Spray (Ipratropium Bromide):
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Painful or difficult urination
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe dry nose
- Tunnel vision
Form and strength
Atrovent Nasal Spray (Ipratropium Bromide) is available in the following forms and strength:
Ipratropium Bromide: Nasal Spray
- Atrovent Nasal Spray may cause an allergic reaction in some people. Seek medical attention immediately if you have trouble breathing, hives, or swelling in the face, mouth, tongue, or throat.
- Atrovent Nasal Spray may cause blurred vision, eye pain or discomfort, or other vision changes. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
- Atrovent Nasal Spray may cause urinary retention in some men with an enlarged prostate. Inform your doctor if you have an enlarged prostate or are having trouble urinating.
- The safety of Atrovent Nasal Spray during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not established. Consult with your doctor before using the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, including kidney or liver problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems, or seizures.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about all the medications you are currently taking, including prescription, over the counter, and herbal products, as Atrovent Nasal Spray may interact with certain medications, especially other anticholinergic drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Atrovent (ipratropium) a steroid?
No, Atrovent (ipratropium) is an anticholinergic, which is a different type of medication than steroids. Anticholinergic and steroid medications work in different ways to treat runny nose and allergies.
Is Atrovent Nasal Spray safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
The safety of Atrovent Nasal Spray during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not established. Consult with your doctor before using the medication.
Can Atrovent Nasal Spray be used on a daily basis?
Atrovent Nasal Spray is safe to use daily to treat nasal congestion caused by allergies or the common cold. However, consult with your doctor if you have any concerns about its safety or effectiveness.
How long can you use Atrovent (ipratropium)?
For runny nose due to a cold, use Atrovent (ipratropium) for no more than 4 days. For seasonal allergies, use Atrovent (ipratropium) for no more than 3 weeks. If you are still having problems, ask your doctor before continuing to use Atrovent (ipratropium) for a longer period.
It's important to purchase Atrovent Nasal Spray from verified Canadian pharmacy.