Table of contents:
Ascensia Diabetes Care offers a range of glucose meters and monitoring systems, including the Contour Next EZ and the Contour NEXT ONE. These meters are designed to be easy to use and highly accurate, with simple features like color coding to help individuals better manage their diabetes.
The Contour NEXT ONE is a smart meter with built-in Bluetooth and an accompanying app, allowing for seamless tracking of glucose levels over time. Ascensia Diabetes Care also offers test strips for use with its glucose meters.
Use and Dosage
To use the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter, follow these simple steps:
- Insert a Contour Next or Contour Next ONE test strip into the meter. The meter will turn on automatically.
- When the Apply Blood screen appears, prick your finger with a lancet and apply a small drop of blood to the end of the test strip.
- The meter will display your blood sugar level on the screen within 5 seconds.
- The meter will store the result in its memory, and you can review previous readings by navigating through the menu options.
- When you are finished, remove the test strip, and turn off the meter.
For detailed instructions and additional information, refer to the user manual that came with your Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter or contact Ascensia Diabetes Care customer support.
Forms and Strength
Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter (Glucose Meter- non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter: BG Meter
- No dose
- The Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter only works with Contour Next test strips and Contour Next ONE test strips and should not be used with other brands of test strips.
- Blood glucose monitors may sometimes give incorrect readings, so it is important to make sure the measurement is accurate before adjusting insulin dosages or other treatments.
- Fingerstick devices should never be used for more than one person, and blood glucose meters should not be shared whenever possible. Follow the instructions for use provided with the meter and test strips to ensure accurate and reliable glucose readings.
- Any problems or concerns with the Contour Next Glucose Meter should be addressed with Ascensia Diabetes Care customer support or a healthcare provider.
- The Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter should always be kept away from extreme temperatures, moisture, and direct sunlight, as these factors can affect test strip accuracy.
- Use the correct lancing device when using the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter, as other lancing devices may not be compatible or may result in less accurate readings.
- Individuals should not make any changes to their diabetes management plan without first consulting with a healthcare provider, even if they are using a glucose meter to monitor their blood sugar levels.
- The Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment and should be used in conjunction with other forms of diabetes management and regular visits with a healthcare provider.
- The Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter may not be suitable for all individuals with diabetes, and some may require more advanced or specialized monitoring equipment based on their individual needs and medical history.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter accurate?
Yes, the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter is known for being highly accurate.
Can the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter be used with other brands of test strips?
No, the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter should only be used with Contour Next and Contour Next ONE test strips.
Is the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter covered by Medicare?
Yes, the Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter is generally covered by Medicare Part B.
How do I download the Contour Diabetes app to use with my Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter?
The Contour Diabetes app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Instructions on how to pair the app with your meter will be provided with the app.
Can multiple people use the same Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter and test strips?
No, the meter should always be used by one person only, and test strips should not be shared.
It's important to purchase Ascensia Contour Next Glucose Meter from verified Canadian pharmacy.