Table of contents:
Allegra 24hours is an allergy relief medicine that provides all-day relief from allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, and throat. It contains the active ingredient fexofenadine, which is an antihistamine that blocks the effects of histamine, a substance that causes allergy symptoms.
Allegra is available in tablets and gelcaps and is non-drowsy. Allegra 24hours is indicated for the temporary relief of symptoms due to upper respiratory allergies or hay fever, which can be caused by seasonal or perennial allergies.
Use and Dosage
Allegra 24hours comes in the form of Tablet to take it by mouth on an empty stomach (at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal). Do not chew Allegra 24hours tablet, swallowed whole with water and dissolve slowly in the stomach. Chewing the tablet can result in the release of too much medication at once, which can increase the risk of side effects.
Patients should avoid taking antacids containing aluminum and magnesium within 2 hours of taking Allegra, as they can reduce the effectiveness of the medication. Take the tablet with water. Do not take it with fruit juices (such as apple, grapefruit, or orange) since they may decrease the absorption of the drug.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage to avoid serious side effects. If you miss a dose of Allegra 24 Hour, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Common Side Effects of Allegra 24hours (Fexofenadine - Non-Rx):
- Back pain
- Pain in the hands or feet
- Runny notice
- Stomach discomfort
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Serious Side Effects of Allegra 24hours (Fexofenadine - Non-Rx):
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the body, particularly the face, tongue, and throat
- Trouble swallowing
Forms and Strength
Allegra 24hours (Fexofenadine - Non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Allegra 24hours: Tablet
- 120 mg
- 180 mg
Fexofenadine - Non-Rx: Tablet
- 120 mg
- 180 mg
- Patients should avoid taking antacids containing aluminum and magnesium within 2 hours of taking Allegra, as they can reduce the effectiveness of the medication.
- Patients with kidney disease may need a lower dosage of Allegra.
- It is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, as the effects of the medication on the fetus or baby are unknown.
- Patients should avoid taking more than the recommended dosage of Allegra, as it can lead to serious side effects, including seizures and irregular heart rhythms.
- Patients should not take Allegra if they have a known allergy to fexofenadine or any of its ingredients.
- Patients should tell their healthcare provider about all medications they are taking, as some may interact with Allegra and cause serious side effects.
- Patients with liver disease should consult with their healthcare provider before taking Allegra, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Allegra may cause dry mouth, throat, or nose. Patients should stay hydrated by drinking fluids or using a humidifier.
- The safety and effectiveness of Allegra has not been established in children under 2 years old.
- Patients should avoid drinking fruit juices while taking Allegra, as they may reduce the effectiveness of the medication.
- Elderly patients may be more sensitive to the side effects of Allegra and may require a lower dosage.
- Patients who have a history of heart disease or are taking medications that affect heart rate or rhythm should use caution when taking Allegra, as it may cause a fast or irregular heartbeat.
- Patients with a history of seizures should use caution when taking Allegra, as it may lower the seizure threshold.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take Allegra 24hours with food?
Yes, you can take Allegra 24hours with or without food. However, taking it with food may help to reduce the risk of stomach upset.
Can Allegra 24hours be taken during pregnancy?
Consult with your healthcare provider before taking any medication during pregnancy. While there is limited information available on the safety of Allegra 24hours during pregnancy, it is generally considered safe to use in pregnancy when the benefits outweigh the risks.
Can children take Allegra 24 Hour?
Yes, children aged six and older can take Allegra 24 Hour. However, you should always check with your healthcare provider before giving any medication to a child.
How quickly does Allegra 24hours work?
Allegra 24hours starts working within one hour of taking it and provides all-day relief from allergy symptoms.
Is Allegra 24hours available over the counter?
Yes, Allegra 24hours is available over the counter and can be purchased online or at your nearest pharmacy store.
It's important to purchase Allegra 24hours from verified Canadian pharmacy.