Table of contents:
Nalcrom is an oral medication used to treat food allergies. It can be indicated for food allergy, where adequate investigations have been performed to determine sensitivity to one or more ingested allergens. Nalcrom is available in capsule form.
Nalcrom contains sodium cromoglycate and belongs to the group of medications called anti-allergy medications. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause allergic reactions.
Use and Dosage
Nalcrom is a medication that is available for oral use and comes in the form of clear, hard gelatin capsules. Each capsule is imprinted with "Sodium Cromoglycate 100 mg" in black ink. It is intended to be taken by mouth, usually three times a day, with or without food. Swallow the capsules whole or dissolve the contents of the capsule(s) in a small amount (1 teaspoon) of very hot water and then dilute with 20 mL cold water to drink.
The recommended dosage of Nalcrom may vary depending on the individual's medical condition, age, weight, and response to treatment. Use Nalcrom exactly as prescribed by a healthcare professional. Nalcrom should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat, and out of reach of children. People should talk to their doctor if they have any questions or concerns about using Nalcrom.
Take Nalcrom capsules exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are not able to avoid the food that you are allergic to, such as when you are at a restaurant, you may be able to take a dose of the capsules 15 minutes before the meal.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Nalcrom (Cromoglycate Sodium):
- Abdominal discomfort
- Difficulty sleeping
- Joint pain
- Unpleasant taste
Serious Side Effects of Nalcrom (Cromoglycate Sodium):
- Difficulty breathing
- Itchy skin
- Leg swelling
- Progressive muscle weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat
Forms and Strength
Nalcrom (Cromoglycate Sodium) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 100 mg
- Allergic reaction: people who are allergic to cromoglycate sodium should not take Nalcrom.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should talk to their doctor before taking Nalcrom, as the effects of cromoglycate sodium on fetal development and breast milk are not yet known.
- Use with other medications: People should talk to their doctor if they are taking other medications or herbal remedies as they may interact with Nalcrom.
- Asthma: Nalcrom should not be used to treat asthma attacks, as it is not effective in relieving acute asthma symptoms.
- Children: Nalcrom is not recommended for use in children under the age of 2 years.
- Liver or kidney disease: People with liver or kidney disease should use Nalcrom with caution, as it may affect liver or kidney function.
- Driving and operating machinery: Nalcrom may cause drowsiness or dizziness, which can affect the ability to drive or operate machinery. People should be cautious when performing tasks that require concentration until they know how Nalcrom affects them.
- Elderly: elderly people may be more sensitive to the effects of Nalcrom and may be more likely to experience side effects.
- Missed dose: If a dose of Nalcrom is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, the missed dose should be skipped, and the regular dosing schedule should be resumed.
- Side effects: Nalcrom can cause side effects such as headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, skin rash, and itching. People should talk to their doctor if they experience any of these side effects.
- Overdose: Overdosing on Nalcrom can cause symptoms such as difficulty breathing, confusion, seizures, and loss of consciousness. People who think they have overdosed on Nalcrom should seek immediate medical attention.
- Storage: Nalcrom should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat, and out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Nalcrom be used in children?
Nalcrom is not recommended for use in children under the age of 2 years.
How should Nalcrom be stored?
Nalcrom should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat, and out of reach of children.
Is Nalcrom addictive?
Nalcrom is not addictive.
Can Nalcrom cause weight gain?
Weight gain is not a common side effect of Nalcrom.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Nalcrom?
If a dose of Nalcrom is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, the missed dose should be skipped, and the regular dosing schedule should be resumed.
It's important to purchase Nalcrom from verified Canadian pharmacy.