Table of contents:
Gravol Adult is an oral medication primarily used to treat nausea, vomiting, and dizziness caused by motion sickness. The active ingredient in these tablets is dimenhydrinate. Dimenhydrinate works to relieve vertigo by affecting the brain and the inner ear.
However, it is sometimes used off-label to treat other conditions such as vertigo or anxiety. It affects the vomiting center in the brain, reducing the activity that causes these symptoms. The drug can also cause drowsiness, which can be beneficial for those experiencing motion sickness.
Use and Dosage
Gravol Adult comes in the form of tablets designed to be taken by mouth. These tablets feature a patented FilmKote coating, which makes them easy to swallow without leaving an unpleasant taste in your mouth.
The recommended dosage for adults is typically between 50-100 mg taken orally, with doses separated by around 4-6 hours. The long-acting form of the tablets features a dose of 100mg every eight to twelve hours. Do not take more than 400 mg in a 24-hour period. Follow the directions provided on the label or as directed by your healthcare provider to ensure that you are taking the medication correctly.
Use Gravol Adult tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate - non-Rx):
- Dry mouth
- Excitement (especially in children)
- Lack of energy
Serious Side Effects of Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision or any change in vision
- Difficulty passing urine
- Rapid or shallow breathing
- Skin rash
- Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; hives; swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat)
Forms and Strength
Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Gravol Adult: Filmkote Tablet
- 50 mg
- Sedation: Gravol can cause sedation, which may impair the ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Sensitivity: Older adults may be more sensitive to the effects of Gravol.
- Dose: follow the recommended dosage and not exceed it.
- Medical Conditions: Gravol may interact with other medications or underlying medical conditions, talk to a healthcare provider before use.
- Side effects: Gravol may cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, and constipation.
- Medical history: Gravol should be used with caution in individuals with a history of glaucoma or urinary retention.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Gravol should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless directed by a healthcare provider.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol while taking Gravol can increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.
- Allergies: Individuals with allergies to dimenhydrinate or other antihistamines should not take Gravol.
- Overdose: Overdose of Gravol may cause serious side effects such as seizures and breathing difficulties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) safe for use in children?
Yes, Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) is safe for use in children. However, consult with a doctor before giving any medication to a child.
Can Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) be used to prevent car sickness in children?
Can Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) be addictive?
Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) is not considered addictive. However, only use it as directed and not to exceed the recommended dose.
Is it safe to drive after taking Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate)?
Gravol Adult (Dimenhydrinate) can cause drowsiness and impair driving ability. Wait until the drowsiness has worn off before driving or operating heavy machinery.
It's important to purchase Gravol Adult from verified Canadian pharmacy.