Table of contents:
Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancets are small medical devices used to obtain a blood sample to test blood glucose levels. The lancets are specifically designed to be less painful by using a thin gauge, beveled design that minimizes skin damage. Its rotatable cap offers 11 fixed depth settings for different skin types. Clixmotion technology minimizes any painful side-to-side motion of the lancet, which is why this lancing device is considered pain-free to use.
The device is used in conjunction with these lancets to obtain a small blood sample that can then be applied to a blood glucose meter or test strip for analysis. Designed for use with the Accu-Chek Softclix Lancing Device, the Lancets are significantly smaller than other lancets to help with accurate penetration and minimal discomfort. The device can help make lancing easy.
Use and Dosage
To use the Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancing device, follow the following procedures.
- First, you will need an Accu-Chek Softclix lancet and device.
- Remove the cap from the lancing device.
- Insert the lancet into the lancet holder at the bottom of the device – push it all the way in until it clicks in place.
- Twist and remove the protective cap from the lancet to expose the needle.
- Place the cap back onto the lancing device, ensuring that the notch of the cap aligns with the mark on the device.
- Set the penetration depth to match your skin type, by turning the dial on the cap.
- To use the lancing device, prime it by pressing the plunger all the way down. The release button on the side of the device should turn yellow, indicating that it is ready to use.
- Place device up against your finger firmly and press the release button to release the lancet.
- Be sure to replace the lancet every time you use your device, as they are not reusable and become unsterile after one use.
- To remove the used lancet, take off the cap from the lancing device and slide down the ejector over a sharps disposal bin. Then replace the cap.
The Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancets are designed to be less painful and minimize skin damage through a thin-gauge, beveled design.
Forms and Strength
Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancet Strips (Test Strips - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancet Strips: Test Strips
- No dose
- Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancets are intended for single use only and should be disposed of immediately after use. Reusing lancets can lead to infections or other serious side effects.
- The device should be stored in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- In case of allergies or any suspected adverse reactions, discontinue use of the device and consult with a healthcare provider.
- Use of Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancets requires puncturing of the skin, which can lead to some pain or discomfort, especially if the device is not used correctly.
- In some rare cases, there may be skin irritation or bruising at the application site. Proper cleaning and maintenance can help minimize these issues.
- The device should be used only for obtaining capillary blood samples for testing blood glucose levels. It should not be used for any other purposes.
- It is important to use the device correctly and follow the instructions for use to avoid any potential side effects.
- The device should only be used by the individual for whom it was prescribed. Sharing or borrowing the device can lead to infection or other complications.
- If you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications that can affect blood glucose levels, it is important to consult with a healthcare provider before using the device.
- Some individuals may experience more pain or discomfort when using the device, particularly those with thin skin or poor blood circulation.
- Discard used lancets safely in a sharps container to avoid potential injury to others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device be used for alternative site testing?
Yes, it can be used for alternative site testing (AST) by using the specially designed AST cap. When performing AST, we recommend using the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device at the: Base of the little finger Base of the thumb Inside of the forearm Check with your doctor to see if AST is suitable for you.
How do I change the lancet on my Accu Chek Softclix?
Pull off the cap. Insert a new lancet into the lancet holder and push it in until it clicks. Press the cap on again until it clicks. Rotate the cap until the desired penetration depth is set.
Is the Accu-Chek Guide Me meter compatible with the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device?
Yes, the Accu-Chek Guide Me meter is compatible with the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device, which is used to obtain a blood sample for testing.
It's important to purchase Accu-Chek SoftClix Lancet from verified Canadian pharmacy.