Table of contents:
Vastarel (generically known as Trimetazidine) is a prescription medication used to treat angina pectoris, a type of chest pain caused by insufficient blood flow to the heart muscles. Trimetazidine can be classified as a coronary vasodilator. It works by improving the heart muscle's use of oxygen and decreasing the production of lactic acid, which can contribute to the pain associated with angina.
Trimetazidine is commonly used to treat angina, which is often caused by inadequate blood flow to the heart due to narrowed or blocked blood vessels. By improving blood flow to the heart, Trimetazidine can help alleviate chest pain and other symptoms associated with angina. It can help open blood vessels in the heart to increase blood flow and oxygen supply to the heart muscles.
Use and Dosage
Vastarel typically comes in the form of a tablet that is meant to be taken orally by mouth. The tablet is usually taken during or after meals, with dosages varying depending on the formulation of the drug and the individual needs of the patient.
The recommended dosage of Vastarel 20mg is usually one tablet thrice a day. Vastarel should not be administered to children. Patients with kidney problems or those over 75 may require the recommended dose to be adjusted by their doctor. However, patients with severe kidney disease are advised against taking Vastarel. The dosage adjustment is necessary because the kidneys may not be able to clear the drug from the body as efficiently, which could result in potentially harmful side effects. In addition, Vastarel is not recommended for patients with severe kidney disease.
Always follow the advice of your doctor or pharmacist regarding the specific dosage and instructions for taking Vastarel, and to never exceed the recommended dosage without consulting a healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Vastarel (Trimetazidine Hcl):
- Feeling of weakness
- Feeling sick overall
- Stomach pain
Serious Side Effects of Vastarel (Trimetazidine Hcl):
- A drop in blood platelets, which heightens your risk of bleeding or bruising
- Burning of the stomach or throat
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in vision
- Discomfort on exertion
- Heart palpitations
- Large drop in number of white blood cells
- Liver disease
- Muscle cramps
- Severe, red skin rash with blistering
- Sleep disorders (trouble sleeping or drowsiness)
- Swelling of your face, lips, mouth, tongue, or throat, which could cause trouble swallowing or breathing
Forms and Strength
Vastarel (Trimetazidine Hcl) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 20 mg
- Patients who are allergic or hypersensitive to Trimetazidine HCl should avoid taking this medication.
- Vastarel should be used with caution in patients with Parkinson's disease or Parkinsonian symptoms, as it may exacerbate their condition or cause movement disorders.
- It should be used with caution in patients with kidney or liver problems, as the medication can accumulate and cause side effects.
- Patients who are taking other medications that affect the heart, blood pressure or sugar levels should use Vastarel with caution, as it can interact with some medications.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid using Vastarel unless it is necessary.
- Vastarel may cause dizziness, so patients should avoid operating machinery or driving until they know how the medication affects them.
- Patients with severe arrhythmias should use Vastarel with caution, as it may worsen their condition.
- Vastarel may cause hypotension (low blood pressure) in some patients, especially those taking antihypertensive medications or nitrates.
- It should not be used in patients with acute coronary syndrome, as it has not been proven to be effective in this condition.
- Vastarel should not be used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- In case of overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Vastarel be used to treat heart failure?
Vastarel is not currently approved for the treatment of heart failure. However, some studies have suggested that it may be beneficial for certain patients with heart failure, and further research is ongoing.
Can Vastarel be taken with other medications for angina?
Vastarel may be taken with other medications for angina but discuss any potential interactions with your healthcare provider.
Is Vastarel addictive?
There is currently no evidence to suggest that Vastarel is addictive.
Can Vastarel be used to treat other conditions besides angina?
While Vastarel is primarily used to treat angina, some studies have suggested that it may also be effective for treating other conditions such as tinnitus, vertigo, and certain forms of heart failure. However, further research is needed in these areas.
How long does it take for Vastarel to start working?
The onset of action for Vastarel may vary depending on the individual and the form of the medication being used. However, some patients may notice an improvement in their symptoms within a few hours of taking Vastarel.
It's important to purchase Vastarel from verified Canadian pharmacy.