- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters)Prescription Required
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
Omega 3 acid ethyl esters (Generic alternate to Lovaza) Generic
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Table of contents:
Lovaza is a prescription medication that is used to reduce elevated levels of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are a type of fat found in the bloodstream, and having elevated levels can have serious health consequences.
Lovaza contains a type of omega-3 fatty acid called ethyl ester which helps to lower this unhealthy fat in the body. It works by blocking the enzyme responsible for producing triglycerides, thus reducing their production in the body.
Uses and Dosage
Lovaza is a medication that comes in capsule form and is taken orally with food, usually once or twice a day. Lovaza precisely, including taking it with food and swallowing the capsule whole. Crushing, chewing, or dissolving the capsules can alter their effectiveness or cause undesired side effects. You should not substitute other omega-3 fatty acids or fish oil products for this medication without consulting your doctor first, as other products may not contain the same amount and type of fatty acids.
The recommended dosage of Lovaza is 4 grams per day. The daily dose may be taken as a single 4-gram dose (4 capsules) or as two 2-gram doses (2 capsules given twice daily). It is important to take Lovaza with meals. It is also mentioned that the daily dose of Lovaza should not exceed 4 grams per day.
Common Side Effects of Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters):
- A change in your sense of taste
- Upset stomach
Serious Side Effects of Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters):
- Liver damage
- Stomach problems
Form and strength
Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters) is available in the following forms and strengths:
· Omega 3 acid ethyl esters: Capsule
- 1 mg
- Lovaza may affect certain blood tests and cause an increase in the results of blood tests used to check liver function and bad cholesterol levels. Regularly monitor your liver function and cholesterol levels while taking Lovaza and report any abnormal changes to your doctor.
- Lovaza may cause an increase in the frequency of a heart rhythm problem (atrial fibrillation or flutter), especially in the first few months of taking Lovaza if you already have a heart rhythm problem. However, you should always consult with your doctor before starting or changing any medication.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about any allergies you may have before taking omega-3 acid ethyl esters. Lovaza contains inactive ingredients that could cause an allergic reaction or other issues. Your pharmacist can provide further information about this product and its potential risks.
- If you are pregnant, Lovaza should only be used when necessary. Discuss the potential risks and benefits with your doctor before taking this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Lovaza used for?
Lovaza is used to lower extremely high triglyceride levels in adults (500 mg/dL or higher) along with a low-fat and low-cholesterol diet.
How does Lovaza work?
Lovaza works by reducing the amount of triglycerides in the blood which may help reduce the risk of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) and other health problems.
What are the ingredients in Lovaza?
Lovaza capsules contain at least 900 mg of the ethyl esters of omega-3 fatty acids, predominantly EPA and DHA.
What is Lovaza made of?
Lovaza is made of omega-3 fatty acids from the oils of fish, such as salmon.
How should Lovaza be taken?
Lovaza should be taken by mouth with food, as directed by your doctor, usually once or twice a day. The capsules should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed, chewed, or dissolved.
Omega 3 acid ethyl esters
84, 120, 168, 360
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Lovaza (Omega 3 acid ethyl esters).