Table of contents:
Tudorza Pressair is an inhaler used for the maintenance treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains aclidinium bromide, which is an anticholinergic drug that works by relaxing the muscles around the airways so that they open and allow for easier breathing.
Tudorza Pressair should be used regularly as prescribed by a healthcare provider and is not typically used alone but instead with other medications for COPD. Before using the inhaler, read the instructions for use and consult with a healthcare provider about proper dosing and administration.
Use and Dosage
Take Tudorza Pressair Inhaler by mouth twice daily, with a 12-hour gap between doses. Do not exhale into the mouthpiece and avoid getting the medication into your eyes, as it may cause irritation and temporary blurred vision. If using other inhalers simultaneously, wait at least one minute between each medication.
To take Tudorza Pressair Inhaler, remove the cap and hold the inhaler upright with the green button facing up. Press and release the green button, then check that the color-controlled window is green, indicating that the medication has been properly dispensed. Do not tilt the inhaler. Tudorza Pressair Inhaler should be taken by oral inhalation only. Consult the Instructions for Use provided with the medication and speak with your doctor for further guidance on how to properly use Tudorza Pressair Inhaler.
To gain the most benefit, use Tudorza Pressair Inhaler regularly at even intervals. Establish a consistent schedule, and avoid increasing your dose, frequency of use, or discontinuing the medication without consulting your doctor.
Common Side Effects of Tudorza Pressair Inhaler (Aclidinium Bromide):
- Sinus inflammation
- Stuffy nose, sore throat, or sinus pain
Serious Side Effects of Tudorza Pressair Inhaler (Aclidinium Bromide):
- Blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, eye pain or redness, or seeing halos or bright colors around lights
- Increased urination
- Painful or difficult urination
- Little or no urinating
- Wheezing, choking, or other breathing problems after using the medication
- Worsening or no improvement in your symptoms
Forms and Strength
Tudorza Pressair Inhaler (Aclidinium Bromide) is available in the following forms and strength:
Tudorza Pressair Inhaler: Inhaler (Inhalation Powder)
- Tudorza Pressair should be used with caution in patients with narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Worsening of urinary retention may occur, so it should be used with caution in patients with the condition.
- Like other inhaled medications for COPD, Tudorza Pressair may cause paradoxical bronchospasm, which can be life-threatening. In case of emergency, a healthcare provider should be consulted immediately.
- Patients who have allergies to aclidinium bromide or any of its ingredients should not use Tudorza Pressair.
- There is limited information available on the use of Tudorza Pressair in pregnant and breastfeeding women, so healthcare providers should carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of using Aclidinium Bromide medication in these populations.
- There have been reports of worsening symptoms in patients with COPD after discontinuing treatment with Tudorza Pressair. Patients should be closely monitored by a healthcare provider when stopping treatment with Aclidinium Bromide medication.
- Patients with severe and unstable cardiovascular disease should use Tudorza Pressair with caution because anticholinergic drugs may cause a decrease in heart rate or blood pressure.
- Patients with severe liver impairment should use Tudorza Pressair with caution since there is limited information about the use of Aclidinium Bromide medication in patients with significant liver disease.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider if they are taking other medications, including prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products, to avoid possible drug interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who should not use Tudorza Pressair Inhaler?
Tudorza Pressair Inhaler should not be used by patients who are allergic to aclidinium bromide or any of its ingredients.
Can Tudorza Pressair Inhaler be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
The use of Tudorza Pressair Inhaler during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be determined by a healthcare provider after careful consideration of the potential risks and benefits.
How should Tudorza Pressair Inhaler be stored?
Tudorza Pressair Inhaler should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat sources. It should also be kept out of the reach of children.
It's important to purchase Tudorza Pressair Inhaler from verified Canadian pharmacy.