Table of contents:
Teveten Plus is an oral medication used for the treatment of mild-to-moderate high blood pressure. It contains two active ingredients: eprosartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
Eprosartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist that works by relaxing blood vessels, while hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that reduces the amount of water in the body by increasing urine production. Teveten Plus is available in the form of film-coated tablets, and the recommended dose is one tablet per day. However, treatment should not be initiated with this fixed-dose combination.
Use and Dosage
Teveten Plus is available in the form of tablets, which are intended to be taken orally with or without food. Teveten Plus should be taken daily, at the same time each day establishing a routine can help to ensure that you take the medication consistently. To take Teveten Plus, simply swallow one tablet whole with a glass of water or other fluids. Do not crush or chew the tablets, as this can interfere with their efficacy and may lead to undesirable side effects. By following the recommended dosing instructions and taking Teveten Plus as directed, you can help ensure that you receive the full benefits of the medication.
Teveten Plus should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular dosing schedule. If there are less than 6 hours until the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Teveten Plus (Eprosartan/hctz):
- Back or leg pain
- Bleeding under the skin
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased interest in sexual activities
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasms or cramps
- Pins and needles sensation
- Runny nose
- Red patches on skin
- Skin rash
- Sun sensitivity
- Swollen glands in the mouth
- Trouble sleeping
Serious Side Effects of Teveten Plus (Eprosartan/hctz):
- Abdominal pain
- Brown or discolored urine
- Brown urine, light-colored stools
- Decreased urination
- Difficulty breathing
- Excessive eating
- Frequent urination
- Fruity breath odor
- General feeling of being unwell
- Increased thirst
- Irregular heartbeat
- Joint pain
- Lack of coordination
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle aches
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Poor wound healing
- Shortness of breath with exercise
- Signs of low blood pressure such as dizziness
- Skin rash
- Swelling legs, ankles, feet, or hands
- Tiredness or weakness
- Unexplained muscle pain or weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Yellowing of skin or whites of eyes
Forms and Strength
Teveten Plus (Eprosartan/hctz) is available in the following forms and strength:
Teveten Plus: Tablet
- The dosage and duration of treatment should be determined by a healthcare provider based on individual patient needs.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider about any other medications they are taking, as there may be potential interactions between Teveten Plus and other drugs.
- Patients with a history of kidney or liver disease, diabetes, or gout should exercise caution and discuss the risks and benefits of using Teveten Plus with their healthcare provider.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult with their healthcare provider before taking Teveten Plus, as the safety of the medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding has not been established.
- Teveten Plus may affect the ability to drive or operate machinery, and patients should exercise caution until they know how the medication will affect them.
- Teveten Plus may interact with alcohol and cause dizziness or lightheadedness. Patients should limit or avoid alcohol consumption while taking the tablet.
- Teveten Plus may cause low blood pressure in some patients, especially when used in combination with other blood pressure-lowering medications. Patients should have their blood pressure checked regularly during treatment with Teveten Plus.
- Teveten Plus should not be used by patients who are allergic to Eprosartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredients in the medication.
- Patients who have experienced an allergic reaction to any other angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) or diuretics should discuss the risks and benefits of using Teveten Plus with their healthcare provider.
- Teveten Plus may cause an increase in blood sugar levels in some patients, especially those with diabetes. Patients with diabetes should monitor their blood sugar levels closely during treatment with Teveten Plus.
- Teveten Plus may cause electrolyte imbalances, including low potassium (hypokalemia) and low sodium (hyponatremia). Patients with a history of electrolyte imbalances should discuss the risks and benefits of using Teveten Plus with their healthcare provider.
- The safety and efficacy of Teveten Plus in children has not been established, and the medication should not be used in children under the age of 18.
- Teveten Plus may cause an increase in uric acid levels in some patients, which may lead to gout. Patients with a history of gout should discuss the risks and benefits of using Teveten Plus with their healthcare provider.
- Teveten Plus may affect liver function, and patients with a history of liver disease should be monitored closely during treatment with the medication.
- Teveten Plus may increase the risk of developing certain skin conditions, including photosensitivity and skin rash. Patients should protect themselves from sun exposure and report any skin problems to their healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Teveten Plus to work?
It may take several weeks for Teveten Plus to reach its full effect in lowering your blood pressure. You may not notice any improvement in your symptoms right away, take the medication as prescribed and continue monitoring your blood pressure.
Is it safe to drive or operate machinery while taking Teveten Plus?
Teveten Plus may cause dizziness or fatigue, so be cautious when performing tasks that require alertness, such as driving or operating machinery. If you experience any side effects that affect your ability to perform these tasks, talk to your doctor.
Can Teveten Plus be used to treat heart failure?
Teveten Plus is not approved to treat heart failure. Talk to your doctor about the most appropriate treatment for your specific condition.
It's important to purchase Teveten Plus from verified Canadian pharmacy.