Tears Naturale II is an eye drop medication used for the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort caused by dry eyes. It is also used as a protectant against further irritation.
Tears Naturale II is a combination of Dextran 70 and Hypromellose, which combine naturally with existing tears to provide symptomatic relief. It has a prolonged retention time, providing longer-lasting relief.
Use and Dosage
Tears Naturale II eye drops are used for the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye and for use as protection against further irritation.
To use Tears Naturale II Lubricant Eye Drops, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling.
- With one hand, pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper close to your eye, but do not touch your eye with the dropper.
- Squeeze the dropper gently to put 1 or 2 drops into the pocket created by the lower eyelid.
- Close your eye and press gently on the inside corner of your eye with your finger for one to two minutes to prevent the drops from draining out.
- If necessary, repeat these steps for your other eye.
Use Tears Naturale II as often as needed or as directed by your doctor. Please note that this is not medical advice and if you have any concerns or questions about using Tears Naturale II, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Tears Naturale II (Non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Itching or redness of your eyes
- Mild eye burning or irritation
- Sensitivity to light
- Watery eyes
Serious Side Effects of Tears Naturale II (Non-Rx):
- Eye pain
- Severe burning, stinging, or eye irritation after using the medicine
- Vision changes
Forms and Strength
Tears Naturale II (Non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Tears Naturale II: Eye lubricant/Eye drops
- No dose
- Tears Naturale II is for external use only and should not be ingested.
- Consult a doctor before using Tears Naturale II if you have any allergies or medical conditions.
- Do not use Tears Naturale II if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Do not use Tears Naturale II if the solution changes color or becomes murky.
- Do not use Tears Naturale II if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, except under the supervision of a doctor.
- Keep Tears Naturale II away from children and pets to avoid accidental ingestion.
- In case of allergic reactions or dissatisfaction with the product, stop using Tears Naturale II and seek medical attention.
- If you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before using Tears Naturale II and wait at least 10 minutes before inserting them back.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface or your eye.
- Use Tears Naturale II only as directed on the label or by your doctor. Do not use it more often or for longer than recommended.
- Do not use any other eye drops or medications without consulting your doctor.
- Temporarily blurred vision may occur after using Tears Naturale II as a side effect. If this happens, avoid driving or operating machinery until your vision is clear.
- If you experience any eye pain, vision changes, redness, or other new symptoms while using Tears Naturale II, stop using it and contact your doctor promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many times a day can you use TEARS NATURALE?
Instill 1 or 2 drops into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye(s) as needed, up to once every 1-2 hours or as prescribed by the physician.
How many drops of tear drops per day?
Usually, drops may be used as often as needed. Ointments are usually used 1 to 2 times daily as needed. If using an ointment once a day, it may be best to use it at bedtime.
What is the ingredient in Tears Naturale II?
Active: Dextran 70 0.1% and Hydroxy-propyl Methylcellulose 0.3%. Preservative: Polyquaternium-1 0.011 mg. Inactives: Sodium Borate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Purified Water. May contain Hydrochloric Acid and/or Sodium Hydroxide to adjust pH.