Table of contents:
Optrex Eye Wash Solution is a product designed to cleanse and soothe irritated, tired, and uncomfortable eyes. The Solution works by washing away particles such as dust, pollen, grit, and smoke from the eyes to cleanse and soothe them. It is easy and safe to use and can be used with the help of a sterile eye bath or by using an eye dropper.
Optrex Eye Wash Solution is balanced to the natural pH level of tears and is enriched with plant extracts to gently remove particles that can easily get into the eyes, particularly when using products such as make-up or contact lenses. It can be used by people who spend a lot of time in front of computers, driving, or in polluted environments.
Use and Dosage
Eye specialists typically recommend that over-the-counter eyewash solutions should not be used more than four times a day.
Here are the general steps for using Optrex Eye Wash Solution with an eye bath:
- Rinse the eye bath with the solution before use.
- Fill the eye bath with the solution until it is about one-third full.
- Tilt your head slightly forward and hold the eye bath by its base.
- Place the eye bath over your eye, making sure it fits comfortably.
- Open your eye and blink a few times to help clean the eye.
- Remove the eye bath from your eye and discard the solution.
- Repeat the process with the other eye.
Follow the instructions on the product packaging and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any questions or concerns.
Common Side Effects of Optrex Eye Wash (Optrex Eye Bath):
- Stinging, irritation, or redness in the eyes
- Itching or swelling of the eyes
Forms and Strength
Optrex Eye Wash (Optrex Eye Bath) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Optrex Eye Wash: Solution
- No dose
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Optrex Eye Wash.
- Do not use it after the expiry date indicated on the packaging.
- Do not use it if the bottle or packaging is damaged or the solution appears cloudy or discolored.
- Do not share the eye wash solution with others to avoid the risk of infection.
- If you experience any discomfort, pain, or irritation while using the eye wash solution, discontinue use and contact a healthcare professional.
- If you experience pain, redness, swelling, or other symptoms after using the product, stop using it and consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not reuse the eye bath or dropper to avoid contamination and possible infection.
- If the solution looks cloudy or discolored, do not use it.
- Follow the instructions for use carefully and do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Avoid touching the dropper or bottle tip to the eye or any other surface to prevent contamination.
- Keep the Optrex Eye Wash out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Optrex Eye Wash be used with contact lenses?
Optrex Eye Wash is not recommended for use with contact lenses. If you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before using the solution. Wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting the lenses.
Is Optrex Eye Wash safe for use on children?
Yes, Optrex Eye Wash can be used safely on children over 12 years of age. For children under 12, you should consult a doctor or pharmacist before use.
How often can Optrex Eye Wash be used?
Optrex Eye Wash can be used as often as needed. Follow the instructions on the package carefully.
Can I use Optrex Eye Wash if I have an eye infection?
No, Optrex Eye Wash should not be used if you have an eye infection or any other eye condition. Consult a doctor or pharmacist before using any medicine.
How long can Optrex Eye Wash be used once opened?
The period for which the product remains suitable for use after opening varies depending on the type of Optrex Eye Wash. Check the package or consult a pharmacist for more information.
It's important to purchase Optrex Eye Wash from verified Canadian pharmacy.