Table of contents:
Strepsils lozenges blackcurrant is a type of throat lozenge that aims to provide relief and soothe sore throats. As antibacterial action to help kill bacteria that can cause sore throats.
It is an antiseptic to fight against the bacteria causing throat infections and to provide pain relief. The lozenges work by slowly dissolving in the mouth, allowing the active ingredient to soothe the throat and provide lasting relief to sore, irritated throats.
Use and Dosage
Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant is Lozenge to be taken by mouth for oral administration only. It is suitable for Adults and Children (over 6 years old) and the elderly. Not suitable for children under 6 years. You should dissolve one Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant slowly in your mouth every 2-3 hours as needed for sore throat relief. Do not use it if the foil seal is broken. Do not exceed 12 lozenges per day.
The recommended dosage and usage instructions for all Strepsils lozenges blackcurrant products should be followed closely. Also, individuals with allergies or underlying medical conditions should speak to a doctor before use.
Common Side Effects of Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant (Strepsils):
- Abdominal pain
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
- Respiratory depression
Serious Side Effects of Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant (Strepsils):
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like: rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Tightness in the chest or throat
- Trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking
- Unusual hoarseness
Forms and Strength
Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant (Strepsils) is available in the following forms and strength:
Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant: Lozenge
- Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant should be used as directed and should not be used in excess or longer than the recommended duration.
- Some individuals may experience side effects such as dry mouth, headache, or dizziness when using Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant.
- Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant may interact with other medications or medical conditions a person may have, so individuals with underlying medical conditions or taking certain medications should speak to a doctor prior to use.
- Individuals with allergies to any of the ingredients in Strepsils should not use the product.
- Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant may not be suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding, so individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding should speak to a doctor prior to use.
- The Strepsils are not suitable for children under the age of six.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How quickly does Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant work?
Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant starts to relieve sore throat pain in minutes and is clinically proven to provide up to 2 hours of relief.
How should I use Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant?
You should dissolve one lozenge slowly in your mouth every 2-3 hours as needed for sore throat relief. Do not exceed 8 lozenges per day.
Are Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant safe to use during pregnancy?
Consult with a healthcare professional before using Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant during pregnancy.
It's important to purchase Strepsils Lozenges Blackcurrant from verified Canadian pharmacy.