Table of contents:
Sodium Bicarbonate Vials is a prescription medication primarily indicated to treat metabolic acidosis, which occurs when the body produces too much acid or when the kidneys are not functioning properly.
Sodium Bicarbonate Vials contain a sterile solution of sodium bicarbonate, administered by injection into the body. Used as an alkalinizing agent in the treatment of metabolic acidosis. Sodium bicarbonate works by neutralizing excess acid in the blood, which can help to restore normal pH levels. It is available in various strengths and sizes, including 8.4% 50mEq/50mL vials.
Use and Dosage
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial is a prescription medication and should only be used under healthcare provider supervision. Always consult with your healthcare provider for guidance on the safe and effective use of any medication.
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial is administered by injection into the body. The appropriate dosage and administration should be determined by a healthcare provider based on the patient's weight, medical history, and the condition being treated. However, if you are taking Sodium Bicarbonate Vial orally, it should be taken every 4 hours as needed or as directed by your doctor
If you are using Sodium Bicarbonate Vial regularly daily for more than 2 weeks, or your acid problems last or get worse after you have used this product for 2 weeks, you should seek medical attention immediately because it may indicate a serious medical problem that needs different treatment. Take Sodium Bicarbonate Vial exactly as directed by your healthcare provider, usually taken by mouth several times a day. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. Do not increase the dose, take it more often, or continue taking this for longer than prescribed.
Use Sodium Bicarbonate Vial only as directed by your healthcare provider and follow all instructions for use and disposal. It should be stored in a cool, dry place away from light and heat and used before the expiration date listed on the package. If you have any questions or concerns about how to use Sodium Bicarbonate Vial, discuss them with your healthcare provider before use.
Common Side Effects of Sodium Bicarbonate Vial (Sodium Bicarbonate):
- Blood clots in the veins (phlebitis)
- Fluid leakage from the injection site
- Fluid overload (hypervolemia)
- Infection at the site of injection
Serious Side Effects of Sodium Bicarbonate Vial (Sodium Bicarbonate):
- Little or no urination
- Memory problems
- Mood changes
- Muscle aches or spasm
Forms and Strength
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial (Sodium Bicarbonate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial: Vial
- Hypersensitivity: It is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to sodium bicarbonate or any of its components.
- Not first-line for resuscitation: It should not be used as a first-line treatment for resuscitation.
- Use it with caution in patients with congestive heart failure and in those with hypertension.
- Use it with caution in patients with severe liver or kidney disease.
- It should be used with caution in patients who are on a low-sodium diet.
- Sodium bicarbonate can cause metabolic alkalosis, which can lead to complications such as seizures, muscle spasms, and heart failure.
- Use with caution in patients with respiratory or lung diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma, as it may exacerbate these conditions.
- Overuse of sodium bicarbonate can lead to metabolic alkalosis, which can cause serious health complications, including seizures and heart failure.
- Sodium bicarbonate can interact with other medications, including certain diuretics and antibiotics, discuss any other medications you are taking with your doctor before using this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should I store Sodium Bicarbonate Vials?
Sodium Bicarbonate Vials should be stored in a cool, dry place away from light and heat. They should be used before the expiration date listed on the package.
How quickly does Sodium Bicarbonate Vial start working?
The onset of action of Sodium Bicarbonate Vial depends on the route of administration and the patient's individual response, but it usually starts working within minutes.
Is it safe to use Sodium Bicarbonate Vial if I have a history of heart disease?
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial may be used with caution in patients with a history of heart disease, but the appropriate dosage and administration should be determined by a healthcare provider based on the patient's medical history.
Can Sodium Bicarbonate Vial be used in children?
Sodium Bicarbonate Vial can be used in children, but the appropriate dosage and administration should be determined by a healthcare provider based on the child's weight and medical history.
It's important to purchase Sodium Bicarbonate Vial from verified Canadian pharmacy.