Table of contents:
Phazyme is an over-the-counter medication used to relieve symptoms of excess gas in the stomach and intestines, such as bloating and discomfort. Phazyme's contains an active ingredient called simethicone, which is an anti-gas medication.
Simethicone works by breaking up gas bubbles in the stomach and intestines, making them easier to pass. This can help to relieve symptoms of gas such as bloating, pressure, and discomfort in the stomach or intestine.
Uses and Dosage
Phazyme is available in the form of gel capsules that should be taken by mouth, typically as needed after meals and at bedtime. It should be chewed fully before swallowing. Do not swallow chewable tablets whole. This can prevent them from working as well.
The appropriate dosage is determined by your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not exceed the recommended dose or take this product more frequently than directed. However, the usual recommended dosage of Phazyme gel capsules is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment.
Common Side Effects of Phazyme (Simethicone - non-Rx):
- Loss of appetite
- Mental/mood changes
Serious Allergic Reaction of Phazyme (Simethicone - Non-Rx):
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Form and Strength
Phazyme (Simethicone - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Phazyme: Gel Capsule
- 180 mg
- Before taking simethicone, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Phazyme may interact with other drugs, including prescription, nonprescription, and herbal products. It is important to keep a list of all the products you use and to talk to your healthcare provider before using Phazyme or any other medication to avoid potential interactions.
- Animal studies have shown some risks associated with the use of simethicone, the active ingredient in Phazyme, although no human studies are available. Cautious use and careful monitoring may be needed if the benefits of Phazyme outweigh the risks.
- Simethicone may cause side effects, although they are considered mild. These can include nausea, diarrhea, and constipation, among others. If you experience any unusual or severe side effects while taking Phazyme, it is important to contact your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take simethicone if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes, simethicone is safe to take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It stays in the intestines and works locally to help gas pass more easily. Since it is not absorbed into the bloodstream, it should not affect your baby.
When is the best time to take Phazyme?
Phazyme works best if you take it after meals and at bedtime. You must chew the chewable tablet before you swallow it
How long does it take for Phazyme to start working?
They take about 45 minutes (for me) to kick in and seem to work for a long time. There is no aftertaste which is always a plus for me. I will definitely purchase again. Better than other anti-is gas products.
It's important to purchase Phazyme from verified Canadian pharmacy.