Table of contents:
Pepcid Complete is an over-the-counter medication that helps to reduce excess stomach acid and relieve heartburn. It contains Famotidine, calcium carbonate, and magnesium hydroxide as active ingredients. These three ingredients work by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and help to relieve symptoms such as heartburn, acid reflux, nausea, and bloating.
Pepcid Complete can be taken with or without food and provides long-lasting relief for up to 12 hours. It is a combination of three medications used to treat heartburn and other symptoms caused by too much acid in the stomach (acid indigestion).
Uses and Dosage
Pepcid Complete is one tablet to be chewed and swallowed to relieve heartburn symptoms, and individuals should not take more than two tablets within a 24-hour period. Talk to your healthcare provider if you still have heartburn after taking famotidine complete (Pepcid Complete) for 2 weeks or if you have had recurrent heartburn symptoms for 3 months. You could have a more serious condition that your provider should check out.
This is likely because taking more than the recommended dosage of famotidine (the active ingredient in Pepcid Complete) can increase the risk of experiencing side effects from the medication. However, do not take more than two tablets in 24 hours. Each tablet contains 10 mg of famotidine, 800 mg of calcium carbonate, and 165 mg of magnesium hydroxide.
Common Side Effects of Pepcid Complete:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Serious Side Effects of Pepcid Complete:
- Blood in the urine
- Pain when urinating
- Pain the lower back or side
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling faint or lightheaded
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Muscle weakness
- Pale skin
- Changes in emotions or mood
- Tingling, or numbness in the hands or feet
Form and strength
Pepcid Complete (Famotidine/calcium carbonate/magnesium hydroxide – non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Pepcid Complete: Chewable Tablet (Mint)
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to famotidine or similar stomach acid reducers, such as ranitidine, cimetidine, Zantac, or Tagamet).
- Do not use Pepcid Complete if one has trouble swallowing food, is vomiting blood, or has bloody or tarry stools. This is likely because these symptoms could be indicative of a more serious underlying condition, and using Pepcid Complete in such cases could potentially worsen the condition or cause other health problems.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have had heartburn for over 3 months. Pepcid Complete can be a sign of a more serious condition.
- famotidine may interact with other medications, so it is important to keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal supplements) and share it with your healthcare provider.
- Famotidine complete (Pepcid Complete) can cause confusion, hallucinations, disorientation, agitation, seizures, and lack of energy in some people.
- People aged 65 years or older and people with kidney disease are at higher risk for these side effects. If you have kidney problems, talk to your healthcare provider before taking famotidine complete (Pepcid Complete).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Pepcid Complete used for?
Pepcid Complete is an over-the-counter medication that is used to relieve heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach caused by excess acid in the stomach.
What are the active ingredients in Pepcid Complete?
The active ingredients in Pepcid Complete are famotidine, a histamine-2 (H2) blocker, and antacids, such as calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide.
How do I take Pepcid Complete?
The dosage and directions for use of Pepcid Complete may vary depending on the individual and the symptoms being treated. Generally, the medication is taken as needed, either before or after a meal. Chew the tablet thoroughly before swallowing.
Can Pepcid Complete be taken during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
It's important to purchase Pepcid Complete from verified Canadian pharmacy.