Table of contents:
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets are lancets used for blood sampling in glucose monitoring systems. They have an ultra-thin design, which makes testing less painful. These lancets are compatible with all OneTouch, Penlet, and OneTouch UltraSoft brand automatic blood samples from LifeScan, as well as most other blood sampling devices. They come in a pack of 100 sterile lancets.
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets are designed for use with blood glucose meters and lancing devices to collect a small blood sample for testing blood sugar levels. These lancets have an ultra-thin design that aims to minimize pain during the puncture. They work in conjunction with lancing devices, which pierce the skin with the lancet to obtain a blood sample.
Use and Dosage
To use One Touch Verio test strips, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Dry them well.
- Insert a test strip into your compatible OneTouch Verio meter. The meter will turn on automatically.
- Use a lancing device to prick the side of your fingertip. Squeeze gently to obtain a small drop of blood.
- Touch the tip of the test strip to the blood drop. Make sure the entire channel on the strip is filled with blood.
- The meter will start counting down, and after a few seconds, it will display your blood glucose reading.
- Record your blood glucose reading in a logbook or on your smartphone app if desired.
Change lancet after every use to ensure the least painful puncture. Lancets become dull and painful when re-used. Safely dispose of the used lancet and test strip according to medical waste disposal guidelines
Forms and Strength
One Touch UltraSoft Lancets (Lancets - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
One Touch UltraSoft Lancets: Lancets
- No dose
- Lancets should be used only once to reduce the risk of infection and ensure accurate results. Never reuse lancets or lancing devices.
- After each use, lancets should be safely disposed of in a puncture-resistant container. This helps prevent accidental needlestick injuries and contamination.
- Before using a lancet, wash your hands with soap and warm water, and dry them well. This helps maintain cleanliness and reduce the risk of infection.
- While OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets are designed to be less painful, everyone's pain tolerance may vary. If you experience excessive pain or discomfort during blood sampling, you should consult with your healthcare provider.
- OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets are designed for use with OneTouch blood samplers, including OneTouch, Penlet, and OneTouch UltraSoft brand automatic blood samples from LifeScan. They are also compatible with most other blood sampling devices. Ensure that the lancets you choose are compatible with your specific device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should I dispose of lancets?
After each use, lancets should be safely disposed of in a puncture-resistant container. This helps prevent accidental needlestick injuries and contamination.
Are OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets adjustable for different depth settings?
Yes, OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets typically have an adjustable depth setting on the lancing device to allow for different skin types and individual preferences. Refer to the instructions provided with your specific lancing device for guidance on adjusting the depth setting.
Can lancets be shared with others?
No, lancets should never be shared with anyone. Lancets are for single-patient use only to prevent the transmission of infections.
Are lancets compatible with all lancing devices?
Lancets are typically designed to be compatible with specific lancing devices. Ensure that the lancets you choose are compatible with your specific device.
It's important to purchase One Touch UltraSoft Lancets from verified Canadian pharmacy.