Table of contents:
The suspension has a bioadhesive delivery system that allows for extended contact time with the affected area, providing better relief for these conditions.
The active ingredient in Muro 128 is sodium chloride, which works as a hypertonic agent to remove excess water from the cornea and improve vision.
Use and Dosage
Muro 128 Suspension is administered as eye drops applied to the affected eye(s). The recommended dose is usually one or two drops placed in the eye(s) every three to four hours. Here are the general steps on how to use it:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Tilt your head back and look up.
- Use your index finger to pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper directly over your eye and place one drop of Muro 128 Suspension Ophthalmic Solution into the pocket in your lower eyelid.
- Close your eye and gently press on the medial corner (near your nose) with your finger for 1-2 minutes. This helps prevent the medication from draining down your tear duct and being absorbed into your bloodstream.
- Repeat these steps with your other eye if your doctor has prescribed Muro 128 Suspension Ophthalmic Solution for both eyes.
- Wash your hands again to remove any medication that may have contacted them.
Note that these are general steps, and follow the specific instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist for your individual situation. If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before using eye drops. Wait at least 15 minutes before replacing your contact lenses. If you are using another kind of eye medication (such as drops or ointments), wait at least 5 minutes before using the other medication. Use eye drops before ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye.
Common Side Effects of Muro 128 Suspension (Sodium Chloride Drops - non-Rx):
- Changes in vision
- Red eyes
- Temporary burning sensation of the eye
- Temporary eye irritation
- Watery eyes
Serious Side Effects of Muro 128 Suspension (Sodium Chloride Drops - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Dryness or redness of the eye
- Eye discomfort
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Stinging or burning sensation in the eye
- Swelling or irritation of the eyelids
Forms and Strength
Muro 128 Suspension (Sodium Chloride Drops - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Muro 128 Suspension: Opthalmic Solution
Sodium Chloride Drops: Opthalmic Solution
- Muro 128 suspension is for ophthalmic use only and should not be ingested orally.
- Some people may experience eye irritation or burning when using Muro 128 suspension. If these symptoms persist or worsen, discontinue use, and consult a doctor.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions or allergies, consult a doctor before using Muro 128 suspension.
- Muro 128 suspension should not be used in patients who are hypersensitive to sodium chloride or any other ingredients in the medication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a doctor before using Muro 128 suspension.
- Muro 128 suspension may interact with other medications. Inform your doctor about any other medications you are taking before using Muro 128 suspension.
- Muro 128 suspension should not be used in children without the advice of a healthcare provider.
- Muro 128 suspension may cause blurred vision or other visual disturbances, so avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until the effects of the medication are known.
- Prolonged use of Muro 128 suspension may worsen certain eye conditions, such as glaucoma or cataracts. Therefore, use it only as directed by your doctor.
- Muro 128 suspension should not be used for more than 72 hours without the advice of a healthcare provider.
- Muro 128 suspension may interact with contact lenses and cause discoloration or damage to the lenses. Therefore, remove contact lenses before using Muro 128 suspension and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- Overuse of the medication may result in the opposite effect and cause corneal swelling instead of reducing it.
- If you experience severe eye pain, changes in vision, or other serious side effects while using Muro 128 suspension, seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many times should you apply eye ointment?
Do this 3 to 4 times a day, or as your doctor advises. Gently pull down your lower eyelid with a clean finger and tilt your head back.
Can I use eye cream every night?
Just as you should cleanse and moisturize your skin twice a day, you should also apply your eye cream morning and night.
What happens if I overdose?
An overdose of Muro 128 is not expected to be dangerous.
How long does Muro 128 last after opening?
Once opened, the product must be used within 30 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
It's important to purchase Muro 128 Suspension from verified Canadian pharmacy.