Table of contents:
Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack is a medication used to treat vaginal yeast infections. Miconazole reduces vaginal burning, itching, and discharge that may occur with this condition.
Monistat 7 Dual-Pak contains miconazole nitrate, which is an antifungal medication that works by inhibiting the growth of yeast. It consists of vaginal suppositories containing 100 mg of miconazole nitrate and a vaginal cream containing 2% miconazole nitrate, which are both used for seven consecutive days to treat the infection.
Use and Dosage
Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack is typically used for relief of internal and external vaginal itching, burning, and discharge. If your doctor has recommended a dose different from the ones listed here, do not change the way that you are using the medication without consulting your doctor.
The vaginal suppositories should be inserted into the vagina at bedtime for seven consecutive nights using the enclosed applicator. To insert the applicator, continue treatment even during menstruation. Lie on your back with your knees toward your chest. Insert one applicator filled with cream into the vagina as far as it will comfortably go. Slowly press the plunger of the applicator to apply the cream. Make sure to insert the correct cream for use inside the vagina, not the skin cream for use on the outer genital area (vulva). Additionally, apply the external cream to the vulvar area twice daily. The cream should be applied in a thin layer and rubbed in gently.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack (Miconazole Nitrate - non-Rx):
- Vaginal or genital burning, itching, or irritation
Serious Side Effects of Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack (Miconazole Nitrate - non-Rx):
- Local irritation such as: burning, itching, or swelling
- In rare cases, serious allergic reactions may occur
- Rash or hives
- Swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, or difficulty breathing
Forms and Strength
Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack (Miconazole Nitrate - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack: Suppositories & Cream
- Miconazole is intended for use by women who have been diagnosed with a yeast infection by their healthcare provider.
- Before using it, women should discuss with their healthcare provider if they have any allergies or medical conditions, as well as any medications (prescription or over the counter), herbal supplements, and vitamins they are taking.
- Miconazole may cause local irritation, such as burning, itching, or swelling, and women should contact their healthcare provider if these symptoms persist or worsen.
- Women should avoid using it during menstrual periods unless directed by their healthcare provider.
- Women should avoid sexual intercourse during the treatment period because it may damage condoms and other forms of birth control.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should talk to their healthcare provider before using it.
- Miconazole may interact with other medications, such as blood thinners and some antiviral medications, so women should consult their healthcare provider before using it if they are taking any other medications.
- Rarely, Miconazole may cause serious allergic reactions, such as rash or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, or difficulty breathing, so women should seek medical attention immediately if they experience any of these symptoms.
- Women should not use the medication if they are allergic to miconazole or any other ingredients in the product.
- Women should not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using the medication, unless directed by their healthcare provider.
- Women should follow the instructions on the product package carefully and use the medication as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take Monistat 7 to work?
When using Monistat as directed, you may start to get relief of symptoms in a few hours. If your symptoms do not get better in 3 days or symptoms last more than 7 days, these may be signs that you may have a more serious condition.
Can I use Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack during my period?
Women should generally avoid using Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack during their period, unless directed to do so by their healthcare provider.
Is Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack available over the counter?
Yes, Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack is available over the counter without a prescription. However, women should consult with their healthcare provider before using it for the first time to ensure proper use and to rule out any potential underlying conditions that may require medical treatment.
It's important to purchase Monistat 7 Dual-Pak Combination Pack from verified Canadian pharmacy.