Table of contents:
Lumigan eye drops are a medication used to treat certain types of glaucoma and other forms of high pressure inside the eye. The active ingredient is bimatoprost. Lumigan works by regulating the flow of fluid within the eye to maintain a normal pressure. It is a prostaglandin eye drop that helps fluid drain from inside the eye, lowering eye pressure.
Lumigan is available in two strengths, 0.1 and 0.3 mg per eye drop. It is typically applied to the eye once a day, usually in the evening. Store Lumigan eye drops at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Follow your doctor's instructions when using Lumigan eye drops.
Uses and Dosage
Lumigan eye drops should be applied to the affected eye(s) once a day in the evening, or as directed by a doctor. Avoid applying the medication more often as it may not work as well. Use Lumigan eye drops once a day in the evening or as directed by your doctor. Do not use this medication more often than recommended. To use Lumigan eye drops
- Wash your hands before applying the eye drops.
- Do not touch the dropper tip to avoid contamination.
- If you wear contacts, remove them before applying the eye drops. Wait 15 minutes before putting your contacts back on your eyes.
- Tilt your head back, pull down your lower eyelid and apply one drop of Lumigan eye drops into the pouch.
- Close your eyes after administering them and apply gentle pressure for 1-2 minutes to prevent the medication from draining out.
- Do not rinse the dropper and keep the dropper tightly capped after use.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before using other eye medications.
Continue using Lumigan eye drops regularly and at the same time each day, even if you feel well. Lumigan eye drops may cause side effects such as eye redness, itchiness, and dryness; contact your doctor if you experience any negative side effects.
Common Side Effects of Lumigan Eyedrops (Bimatoprost):
- Dry eyes
- Eye discomfort
- Eye redness
- Watery eyes
- Temporary unstable vision
Serious Side Effects of Lumigan Eyedrops (Bimatoprost):
- Vision changes
- Eye pain
- Eye swelling
- Discharge from the eye
- Increased light sensitivity
Form and Strength
Lumigan Eyedrops (Bimatoprost) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Lumigan Eyedrops: Opthalmic Solution
- Do not use Lumigan Eyedrops more frequently than recommended as it may reduce the effectiveness.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before administering the eye drops to reduce the risk of infection.
- Do not touch the dropper's tip to prevent contamination.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before applying the drops as Lumigan may contain a preservative that can stain the lenses.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after administering Lumigan eye drops before putting your contact lenses back in your eyes.
- Apply gentle pressure to the inside corner of your eye, near your nose, to prevent the medication from draining out.
- Do not rinse the dropper and keep it tightly capped after use.
- If you experience any side effects such as eye redness, itchiness, or dryness, contact your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor if you have any eye conditions such as uveitis, iritis, or macular edema as the use of these eye drops may not be recommended.
- If you have a history of eye surgery or eye trauma, Lumigan eye drops may not be suitable for you.
- Lumigan eye drops may cause changes in the color of your iris (the colored part of your eye) and your eyelashes, which may be permanent. Inform your doctor if you notice any changes in your eye color or if your eyelashes grow longer or darker.
- If you have eye inflammation or infections, do not use Lumigan eye drops without consulting your doctor as it may worsen these conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other eye medications, as Lumigan eye drops may interact with other eye medications and cause unwanted side effects or reduce their effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often should I use Lumigan eye drops?
You should use Lumigan eye drops once a day, preferably in the evening, or as directed by your doctor.
Can Lumigan eye drops be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women?
Do not use Lumigan eye drops during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Lumigan eye drops?
If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Do I need to remove my contact lenses before using Lumigan eye drops?
Yes, if you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before using Lumigan eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting them back in.
It's important to purchase Lumigan Eyedrops from verified Canadian pharmacy.