Table of contents:
Lipidil Supra is a medication used in addition to diet and exercise to treat people with certain types of high cholesterol and high triglycerides.
Fenofibrate, the active ingredient in Lipidil Supra. Fenofibrate belongs to the class of medications known as fibrates. It helps to reduce bad cholesterol (low-density lipoproteins [LDL] and very low-density lipoproteins [VLDL]) and triglycerides in the blood, while increasing good cholesterol (high-density lipoproteins [HDL]).
Use and Dosage
Lipidil Supra is available in tablet form with a dosage of 160 mg, intended to be taken orally once a day. The tablet is commonly recommended for reducing high cholesterol levels in individuals who follow a proper diet and exercise routine. The tablet is white, oblong-shaped, and is embossed with the Fournier logo on one side and "160" on the other. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor carefully while taking Lipidil Supra.
The recommended dosage for Lipidil Supra is typically one 160 mg tablet taken orally with the main meal once a day for adults. Follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor carefully and do not exceed the recommended dose. Several types and strengths of fenofibrate may have different recommended dosages, consult with your healthcare provider before starting a new medication.
Take the tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Lipidil Supra (Fenofibrate Microcoated):
- Decreased interest in sexual activity
- Increased skin sensitivity to sunlight
- Joint pain
- Red or itchy skin
- Skin rash
- Stomach pain
- Trouble sleeping
Serious Side Effects of Lipidil Supra (Fenofibrate Microcoated):
- Abdominal pain on the upper left side
- Back pain
- Coughing up blood
- Dark urine
- General feeling of being unwell
- Hives, swelling of the face or throat, or difficulty breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in chest
- Rapid heartbeat
- Severe stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- Swollen abdomen
- Unexplained muscle pain
- Weakness, chills, or fever
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
Forms and Strength
Lipidil Supra (Fenofibrate Microcoated) is available in the following forms and strength:
Lipidil Supra: Tablet
- 160 mg
- Hepatic impairment: It should be used with caution in patients with liver disease and is not recommended for those with severe hepatic impairment.
- Renal impairment: It should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease and is not recommended for those with severe renal impairment.
- Gallbladder disease: It may increase the risk of gallstones and should be used with caution in patients with a history of gallbladder disease.
- Pancreatitis: It may increase the risk of pancreatitis and should be used with caution in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
- Muscle problems: It may cause muscle pain, weakness, or inflammation, which can be serious, and should be used with caution in patients with a history of these muscle problems.
- Bleeding: It may increase the risk of bleeding and should be used with caution in patients taking blood-thinning medications or those with a history of bleeding problems.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: It should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless the benefits outweigh the risks and only under the supervision of a doctor.
- Interactions: Lipidil Supra may interact with other medications, including blood thinners, cholesterol-lowering medications, and certain antibiotics, and caution should be used when taking multiple medications at the same time.
- Hypersensitivity: It should not be taken by patients with a known hypersensitivity to fenofibrate or any of its ingredients.
- Elderly patients: It should be used with caution in elderly patients, as they may be more susceptible to side effects.
- Pediatric patients: It is not recommended for use in children under 18.
- Alcohol consumption: It should be used with caution in patients who consume alcohol regularly, as excessive alcohol consumption may increase the risk of side effects.
- Cardiovascular disease: It should not be used as a sole therapy for its prevention.
- Monitoring: Blood lipid levels and liver function should be monitored regularly during treatment with Lipidil Supra.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Lipidil Supra to work?
The effects of Lipidil Supra should be noticeable within a few weeks of starting the medication, but it may take several months to achieve optimal results.
Can Lipidil Supra be taken during pregnancy?
Lipidil Supra should not be used during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the developing fetus. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraception while taking this medication.
Can Lipidil Supra be taken with food?
Lipidil Supra can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken at the same time each day. Taking the medication with food may help reduce stomach upset.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Lipidil Supra?
If you miss a dose of Lipidil Supra, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed one.
How should Lipidil Supra be stored?
Lipidil Supra should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
It's important to purchase Lipidil Supra from verified Canadian pharmacy.