- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream)Prescription Required
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Table of contents:
Fucidin cream is a type of antibiotic used to treat skin infections caused by certain bacteria, including staphylococcal bacteria. It contains the active ingredient fusidic acid, which belongs to a class of medications known as antibiotics.
Fusidic acid works by stopping the bacteria from producing essential proteins that they need to grow and multiply. Without these proteins, the bacteria cannot spread, and the infection can be controlled, allowing the body’s immune system to fight and clear the infection. In short, Fusidic acid cream works by killing or controlling the growth of the bacteria that cause skin infections.
Uses and Dosage
When using Fucidin cream, always wash your hands before and after application and apply a thin layer of the cream onto the infected area. The cream should be gently rubbed in until it is absorbed. Apply a small amount of the cream to the affected area 2 to 3 times daily for 7 to 14 days. If your doctor has instructed you to cover the affected area with gauze dressing, you may be directed to apply the medication only once or twice a day.
Close your eyes if the medication is being applied to the face. The dose of medication a person needs may vary based on their body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications they are taking. If your doctor recommends a different dose than the ones listed on the label, do not change the way you are using the medication without consulting them.
To use Fucidin cream effectively, follow the prescribed dosage and usage instructions carefully. In the case of a missed dose, apply the medication as soon as you remember. However, if it is closer to the time of your next application, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed one. If you are unsure about what to do after missing a dose, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Common Side Effects of Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream):
- Skin Burning
- Skin Stinging
- Skin Itching
- Skin Soreness
- Dryness in skin
Serious Side Effects of Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream):
- Allergic reaction at the site of application, including redness, hives, swelling, rash, and/or itching
- Mild irritation at area of application
- Pain (only when medication is applied to deep leg ulcers)
- Skin blistering
- Symptoms of an eye infection (e.g., pink, or red eyes, itchy eyes, eye discharge, crusts on the eyelids or lashes)
Form and strength
Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream) is available in the following forms and strength:
· Fucidin Cream: Cream
- Fusidic acid may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions in some people. Check the list of ingredients to ensure that you are not allergic to any of them before using creams that contain fusidic acid.
- The use of systemic fusidic acid may interact with certain medications, and caution should be exercised when taking it with other drugs.
- Fusidic acid-containing products are available only with your doctor’s prescription and follow the instructions for use and any cautionary advice provided by your healthcare provider when using them.
- Prolonged or frequent use of fusidic acid can lead to the development of antibiotic-resistant organisms or other infections.
- The use of fusidic acid-containing products should be avoided during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, unless advised by a healthcare provider.
- Fusidic acid-containing products should not be used on large areas of skin, broken or infected skin, or for longer than recommended.
- Store Fucidin cream at room temperature, and ensure it is kept out of reach of children. Once you have opened the tube, discard the medication within three months.
- Never dispose of medications in wastewater or household garbage. Ask your pharmacist for advice on how to dispose of medications that are no longer needed or have expired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use Fucidin Cream with other medications?
You should consult your healthcare provider before using Fucidin Cream with other medications. Some medications may interact with Fucidin Cream or increase the risk of side effects.
How long should I use Fucidin Cream?
You should use Fucidin Cream for as long as your healthcare provider has instructed you to use it. Do not use the cream for longer than one week without consulting your healthcare provider.
Can Fucidin Cream be used on children?
Fucidin Cream can be used on children, but the dosage and duration of use should be determined by a healthcare provider.
Is Fucidin Cream available without a prescription?
Fucidin Cream is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter.
Fusidic Acid Cream
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Fucidin Cream (Fusidic Acid Cream).