Table of contents:
Eumovate Cream is a moderately potent topical corticosteroid used for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic (itchy) symptoms of various skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis in adults, elderly people, children, and infants.
The active ingredient in Eumovate Cream is clobetasone butyrate, which is a type of corticosteroid (sometimes called a steroid). When applied to the skin, clobetasone butyrate is absorbed and works by reducing the activity of the immune system in the affected skin area. This helps to relieve the symptoms of inflammation and itching, allowing the skin to heal more quickly. It is available with a doctor's prescription from your pharmacist.
Use and Dosage
Use only enough Eumovate Cream to cover the affected area once or twice a day. Half a fingertip will cover a patch of skin the same size as the palm of your hand. The number of times you use your medicine may be reduced as your skin gets better. Here are general instructions for using the cream:
- Wash and dry the affected area(s) of skin before applying Eumovate Cream.
- Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip.
- Apply the cream thinly and evenly to the affected area(s), rubbing it in gently until it is absorbed.
- Repeat the application once or twice a day, or as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the cream unless you are treating your hands.
- Do not cover the treated area(s) with a bandage or dressing unless your doctor advises you to do so.
- Do not apply Eumovate Cream to the face or to areas of skin that are infected.
- Do not use Eumovate Cream for more than 7 days in a row, and do not use it on large areas of skin or for prolonged periods of time without medical supervision.
Follow your doctor's instructions when using Eumovate Cream and read all accompanying information carefully before starting to use this medicine.
Common Side Effects of Eumovate Cream (Clobetasone Butyrate):
- Blurred vision, or other vision disturbances
- Local skin burning
- Skin bleaching or increased skin pigmentation and hair disorders
- Skin thinning
Serious Side Effects of Eumovate Cream (Clobetasone Butyrate):
- Changes to the color of your skin
- Delayed weight gain
- Increased body hair
- Increased weight
- Moon face or rounding of the face
- Slow growth
Forms and Strength
Eumovate Cream (Clobetasone Butyrate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Eumovate Cream: Cream
- Eumovate Cream should not be used for more than 7 days in a row unless specifically advised by your doctor.
- Eumovate Cream should not be applied to the face or to areas of skin that are infected.
- Eumovate Cream should be used wEumovate Cream h caution in children, as they may be more susceptible to side effects.
- Prolonged use or overuse of Eumovate Cream may result in skin thinning, pigmentation changes, and increased risk of infections.
- Eumovate Cream should be used wEumovate Cream h caution in individuals wEumovate Cream h a history of allergic reactions to corticosteroids.
- Eumovate Cream can interact wEumovate Cream h other medications, inform your doctor or pharmacist of all medications you are taking before using Eumovate Cream.
- Eumovate Cream should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding wEumovate Cream hout consulting a doctor.
- Eumovate Cream should not be used on large areas of skin or for prolonged periods of time wEumovate Cream hout medical supervision.
- Eumovate Cream can cause skin irrEumovate Cream ation, dryness, or Eumovate Cream ching in some individuals.
- Avoid getting Eumovate Cream in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- If you experience any adverse effects while using Eumovate Cream, such as skin thinning, increased hair growth, or signs of an allergic reaction, you should stop using the cream and consult your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Eumovate Cream be used on babies?
Eumovate Cream is not recommended for use on infants under the age of 1 year except under the guidance and supervision of a doctor.
How often should Eumovate Cream be applied?
Eumovate Cream should be applied thinly and gently rubbed into the affected area once or twice a day, or as directed by your doctor.
How long can I use Eumovate Cream?
Eumovate Cream should not be used for more than 7 days in a row, and prolonged use or overuse may result in skin thinning and other side effects. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
Can I use other topical skincare products while using Eumovate Cream?
Avoid using other topical skincare products on the same area of skin at the same time as Eumovate Cream. If you need to use other products, apply them at a different time of day, preferably at least an hour before or after using the cream.
Is Eumovate Cream available over the counter?
Eumovate Cream is a prescription-only medicine in most countries and is only available from a pharmacist with a doctor's prescription.
It's important to purchase Eumovate Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.