Table of contents:
Epiduo Forte Gel is a topical medication used for the treatment of acne vulgaris. The gel may decrease the number and severity of acne pimples and promote quick healing of pimples that do appear. It is a combination of two active ingredients, adapalene and benzoyl peroxide, which work together to reduce and prevent acne breakouts.
Adapalene is a retinoid that helps unclog pores and decrease inflammation, while benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial that helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne. The gel is applied once daily to the affected area after washing and drying the skin.
Use and Dosage
Apply a thin layer of this medication usually once daily or as directed by your doctor. Use your fingertips to apply a small amount of medication (about the size of a pea) to the affected areas of skin. Before using Epiduo Forte Gel with pump, read the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist carefully. Here are the general steps:
- Wash your hands and the affected area (usually the face) with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Prime the pump by pressing down several times until the gel starts to come out.
- Apply a thin layer of the gel to the affected area(s) once daily, preferably at bedtime. Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, mouth, and mucous membranes.
- Gently massage the gel into the skin with clean fingers.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying Epiduo Forte Gel.
Use Epiduo Forte Gel on the skin only. Do not apply to the inner lip area, inside the nose/mouth, or on mucous membranes. Do not apply it to cut, scraped, sunburned or eczema-affected skin. The gel may take several weeks to see improvement in your acne. If you experience any severe irritation, redness, or peeling of the skin, stop using the medication and seek medical attention.
Common Side Effects of Epiduo Forte Gel (Adapalene Benzoyl Peroxide):
- Skin redness dryness peeling mild burning or swelling and
- Worsening of acne
Serious Side Effects of Epiduo Forte Gel (Adapalene Benzoyl Peroxide):
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling of your face lips tongue or throat
Forms and Strength
Epiduo Forte Gel (Adapalene Benzoyl Peroxide) is available in the following forms and strength:
Epiduo Forte Gel: Gel Pump
- Epiduo Forte Gel may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions in some people. If you experience redness, itching, or rash, stop using the product and consult your doctor.
- The gel should be used with caution because a possible cumulative irritancy effect may occur.
- Adapalene can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so it is important to avoid prolonged sun exposure and wear protective clothing and sunscreen when outside.
- The safety of Epiduo Forte Gel during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. Consult your doctor before using this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Epiduo Forte Gel may interact with other medications, inform your doctor if you are taking any other topical or oral medications.
- You should avoid using Epiduo Forte Gel with other products that can dry out or irritate your skin, such as astringents, harsh soaps, or abrasive scrubs.
- Epiduo Forte Gel is not recommended for use in children under 9.
- If you have eczema or a history of eczema, you should use Epiduo Forte Gel with caution, as it may exacerbate eczema symptoms.
- You should avoid applying Epiduo Forte Gel to sensitive areas of your skin, such as around your eyes, mouth, or mucous membranes.
- You should not use Epiduo Forte Gel on sunburned or windburned skin, or on skin that is irritated, broken, or damaged.
- Benzoyl peroxide may have a bleaching effect on hair, fabrics, painted or dyed surfaces, and jewelry, so take care to avoid contact with these materials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use Epiduo Forte Gel with other acne medications?
You should not use Epiduo Forte Gel with other topical acne medications unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Can I apply Epiduo Forte Gel under makeup?
Yes, you can apply Epiduo Forte Gel under makeup. Wait for the medication to dry completely before applying makeup.
How should I store Epiduo Forte Gel?
Store Epiduo Forte Gel at room temperature, away from heat and light. Do not freeze or refrigerate.
Can I use Epiduo Forte Gel if I have cystic acne?
Epiduo Forte Gel may be less effective for treating severe or cystic acne. Consult your doctor to determine the best treatment option for your condition.
It's important to purchase Epiduo Forte Gel from verified Canadian pharmacy.