Table of contents:
ENO Regular powder is an antacid medication that provides temporary relief from heartburn, acid reflux, sour stomach, and upset stomach. It works by neutralizing the excess acid in the stomach and is available in pre-packaged sachets or bulk containers of powder.
Eno Regular contains sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, and sodium carbonate which react with the acid in the stomach to form carbon dioxide gas, sodium citrate, and water. It works by neutralizing excess stomach acid, which can cause heartburn and indigestion. This reaction helps to reduce the acidity of the stomach and provides relief from symptoms of heartburn and acidity.
Use and Dosage
ENO Regular powder comes in the form of a powdered salt that is intended to be mixed with water and consumed either before or after meals. Additionally, drinking plenty of water during a flare-up of ulcerative colitis may be helpful in managing symptoms and preventing further irritation.
Dosage and frequency of use may vary depending on the severity of symptoms and individual health status. Follow the instructions on the package and speak to a healthcare professional if you have any questions.
Follow these steps to use ENO Regular powder effectively:
- Fill a glass with room temperature water.
- Dissolve 1 sachet or 1 teaspoon (4.2 grams) of Eno powder into the water.
- Do not dissolve Eno in any other liquids.
- Drink Eno after meals or when experiencing heartburn or acid reflux.
- Wait for 2 to 3 hours before taking another dose of Eno powder.
- Take the Eno powder once it has dissolved in water.
Take Eno only 2 times a day for a maximum of 14 days. If symptoms persist after 14 days, stop taking Eno and consult a doctor. Eno is a symptom relief medication and doesn't prevent acidity. Taking Eno more than 2 times a day can cause alkalosis and change blood ph.
Remember, Eno provides relief for heartburn and acid reflux symptoms but doesn't prevent acidity. Always follow the recommended dosage and speak to a doctor if symptoms persist.
Common Side Effects of Eno Regular (Sodium Citrate):
- Aggravate or trigger allergic reactions in your body
- Heart attack
- Heart failure, muscle spasms, and low calcium level
- Increases blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, and metabolic disorders
- Renal failure
- Weaken immune function
Forms and Strength
Eno Regular (Sodium Citrate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Eno Regular: Powder
- Allergic reaction: If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Eno Regular, avoid taking the powder.
- Sodium content: Eno Regular contains sodium, so if you are on a low-sodium diet or have high blood pressure, you should speak to your doctor before taking Eno Regular.
- Renal impairment: Individuals with impaired renal function should use Eno Regular with caution, as it can affect electrolyte balance and further exacerbate renal function.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should speak to your doctor before taking Eno Regular.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with Eno Regular, inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medications, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, or herbal supplements.
- Age: Eno Regular is not recommended for children under 12 years of age without first consulting a doctor.
- Medical conditions: Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as heart disease, kidney disease, or liver disease, should use Eno Regular with caution and only under the guidance of a doctor.
- Overuse: Overuse of antacids like Eno Regular can lead to serious health issues such as electrolyte imbalances, kidney problems, and metabolic alkalosis.
- Duration of use: Eno Regular is not meant to be taken as a long-term solution for digestive problems. If symptoms persist, consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Storage: Eno Regular should be stored in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight. It should not be used if the sachet or powder is past its expiration date or has been contaminated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Eno Regular safe to use?
Eno Regular is generally considered safe to use when taken as directed. However, like all medications, it can cause side effects, interactions with other medications, and allergic reactions in some people. Consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Can Eno Regular be taken with food?
Eno Regular can be taken with or without food, depending on individual preference. However, taking it on an empty stomach may help the medication work more quickly.
How long does it take for Eno Regular to work?
Eno Regular typically works within 2-3 minutes after taking it. However, the duration of relief may vary depending on the severity of symptoms and individual health status.
Can Eno Regular be taken for diarrhea?
Eno Regular is not typically recommended for the treatment of diarrhea. It is designed to neutralize excess stomach acid and relieve symptoms of heartburn and acidity.
How often can I take Eno Regular?
The frequency of use may vary depending on the severity of symptoms and individual health status. Follow the instructions on the package and speak to a healthcare professional if you have any questions.
It's important to purchase Eno Regular from verified Canadian pharmacy.