Table of contents:
Edarbi is a prescription medicine used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) by lowering blood pressure. Edarbi contains the active substance azilsartan medoxomil, which is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). Azilsartan medoxomil works by blocking a chemical that narrows blood vessels, allowing them to dilate and lowering blood pressure.
Edarbi is available as tablets in strengths of 20, 40, or 80 mg, and take the medication as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
Uses and Dosage
Edarbi is typically taken in tablet form, as directed by your doctor. Take the tablet once a day, with or without food, depending on your medical condition and response to treatment.
To ensure the maximum benefits of Edarbi, to take it regularly and at the same time each day. Even if you feel well, continue taking this medication, as most people with high blood pressure may not experience any symptoms. If your condition does not improve or worsens, such as an increase in blood pressure readings, inform your doctor.
The recommended dosage of Edarbi (azilsartan) in adults is typically 80 mg taken orally once daily, with or without food. However, a starting dose of 40 mg may be considered for patients who are being treated with high doses of diuretics. Follow your doctor's instructions regarding dosing and inform them if your condition does not improve or worsens.
Common Side Effects of Edarbi (Azilsartan Medoxomil):
- Dizziness on standing
- Tired feeling
- Weakness/lack of energy
Serious Side Effects of Edarbi (Azilsartan Medoxomil):
- Feeling like you might pass out
- Feeling tired
- Little or no urination
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle spasms
- Pain in your side or lower back
- Painful or difficult urination
- Rapid weight gain
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling especially in your feet or ankles
- Symptoms of a high potassium blood level (such as muscle weakness, slow or irregular heartbeat)
- Unusual changes in the amount of urine
Form and Strength
Edarbi (Azilsartan Medoxomil) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 40 mg
- 80 mg
Azilsartan Medoxomil: Tablet
- 40 mg
- 80 mg
- Alcohol can add to the blood pressure-lowering effect of Edarbi, avoid excessive alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
- Use with caution in patients with a history of angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, tongue, etc.) related to previous treatment with an ACE inhibitor or ARB.
- Use with caution in patients with a history of stroke or in those at risk for stroke.
- Use with caution in patients with heart disease or heart failure, as the medication may affect heart function.
- Use with caution in patients with low blood volume, as dehydration may increase the risk of low blood pressure.
- Use it with caution when operating machinery or driving, as Edarbi may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- You should always inform your healthcare provider of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements, before starting Edarbi or any new medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Edarbi to start working?
The blood pressure-lowering effect of Edarbi should begin within a few hours of taking the medication, and maximum effects should be seen within 4-6 weeks of starting treatment.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Edarbi?
If you miss a dose of Edarbi, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Can Edarbi be used during pregnancy?
Do not use Edarbi during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, discuss potential risks and benefits with your healthcare provider.
How should Edarbi be stored?
Edarbi tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from light and moisture. They should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
It's important to purchase Edarbi from verified Canadian pharmacy.