Pindolol belongs to a class of drugs known as beta-blockers and is commonly prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels so the heart doesn’t have to pump as hard. Pindolol is effective alone or combined with other high blood pressure medications, particularly with a thiazide-type diuretic like HCTZ.
What important information should I know before taking this drug?
Pindolol does not cure high blood pressure; it merely keeps it under control.
Do not suddenly stop taking this medication as it can cause increased chest pain and heart attack. Speak with your doctor before discontinuing use.
It should be administered with caution to patients with spontaneous hypoglycemia, diabetes and to those who have a history of heart failure. This drug may mask the symptoms of low blood sugar in diabetics or alter blood sugar levels. If you are diabetic, discuss this with your doctor.
Use caution while driving or operating any machinery as it may cause you to become disoriented.
What does my doctor need to know before prescribing Pindolol?
Before using this medicine, tell your doctor about any of the following:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding;
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine;
- if you have or have ever had an adrenal gland tumor (eg, pheochromocytoma); chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, or other lung or breathing disease; heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure, irregular heartbeat); narrowing of blood vessels of the legs, arms, stomach, or kidneys; an unusually slow heartbeat; diabetes; kidney or liver problems; low blood sugar; or an overactive thyroid;
- if you will be having surgery;
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in Pindolol;
- if you have asthma or other breathing problems (eg, chronic bronchitis, emphysema).
Does Pindolol have any side effects?
Common side effects that require medical attention only if they persist or worsen include: Dizziness; fatigue; joint or muscle pain; lightheadedness; nausea; nervousness; sleeplessness; stomach cramps; tiredness; vivid dreams; weakness.
Severe side effects that require immediate medical attention include: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue) chest pain; cold fingers or toes; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness or tingling of the skin; shortness of breath; sudden weight gain; swelling of the arms of legs; unusual bruising or bleeding.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Pindolol, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers long term prescription drugs for low cost canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your drugs from Canada call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.