Table of contents:
Zaditen is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory medicine used to treat asthma and allergic conjunctivitis. It can prevent and control asthma symptoms, such as wheezing, persistent coughing, and difficulty breathing. It is also prescribed for allergic rhinitis.
Zaditen contains the active ingredient ketotifen, which belongs to the class of medications called antiallergics and asthma prophylactics. It blocks histamine, which is a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms and stops the release of mediators from cells involved in an allergic reaction. This helps to reduce inflammation, swelling, redness, and itching associated with allergic reactions such as hay fever, conjunctivitis, and asthma.
Use and Dosage
Zaditen is available in oral tablet form, which should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The tablets can be taken with or without food and should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Avoid crushing, chewing, or splitting the tablet. Make sure to take Zaditen regularly until your doctor tells you to stop.
The recommended dosages of Zaditen can vary depending on the age and medical condition of the patient. For children over the age of 3, the usual recommended dose is 1 mg twice daily, in the morning and evening. Adults may be prescribed a daily dose of up to 4 mg, but this should be determined by a healthcare provider. Follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor and do not alter your doses or frequency without consulting them first.
If you have not discussed this with your doctor or are not sure why you are using Zaditen, speak to your doctor. Do not stop giving Zaditen to your child without consulting your doctor. Do not give Zaditen to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms as your child. It can be harmful for people to use Zaditen if their doctor has not prescribed it.
Common Side Effects of Zaditen (Ketotifen Fumarate):
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Puffy eyelid
- Respiratory infection
- Sleep disturbance
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight gain
Serious Side Effects of Zaditen (Ketotifen Fumarate):
- Bloody urine
- Dark urine
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe abdominal pain
- Skin blisters
Forms and Strength
Zaditen (Ketotifen Fumarate) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 1 mg
Ketotifen Fumarate: Tablet
- 1 mg
- Do not use Zaditen if you are allergic to ketotifen or any of the other ingredients in the medication.
- Zaditen may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore, it is advised not to operate heavy machinery or drive after taking the medication.
- If you have kidney or liver problems, or are taking other medications, you should consult with your doctor before taking Zaditen.
- Zaditen may interact with certain medications, such as sedatives or tranquilizers, inform your healthcare provider of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Zaditen may cause dry mouth, blurred vision, or changes in taste, report any of these side effects to your doctor.
- Zaditen may interact with alcohol, so it is advised to avoid drinking alcohol while taking the medication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult with your doctor before taking Zaditen.
- Zaditen may not be appropriate for people with certain medical conditions, such as glaucoma or urinary obstruction, inform your doctor of any pre-existing conditions to determine if Zaditen is safe for you to use.
- Zaditen may cause drowsiness or impaired coordination, which may be worsened when combined with other medications or alcohol.
- Zaditen eye drops should not be used while wearing contact lenses and should be applied at least 10-15 minutes before inserting contact lenses. If you wear contact lenses, talk with your doctor before using Zaditen eye drops.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take Zaditen with other medications?
Zaditen may interact with certain medications, inform your healthcare provider of all the medications you are currently taking.
Is Zaditen safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult with your healthcare provider before taking Zaditen.
How long should I take Zaditen?
You should continue taking Zaditen for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Do not alter your dosage or stop taking the medication without consulting your doctor.
It's important to purchase Zaditen from verified Canadian pharmacy.