Table of contents:
Voltaren Rapid is a prescription medication used to relieve mild to moderate pain and inflammation caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and menstrual cramps. It can be used to relieve pain and swelling (inflammation) from various conditions such as headache, dental pain, and muscle aches.
Voltaren contains the active ingredient diclofenac potassium and belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by reducing the production of prostaglandins, which are chemicals in the body that cause pain and inflammation.
Use and Dosage
Voltaren rapid k tablet and its generic Diclofenac Potassium come in the form of 50 mg tablet to take it by mouth usually 2-4 times a day. Take these tablets with a full glass of water unless your doctor directs you otherwise. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet as it can affect its effectiveness and increase the risk of side effects. Swallow the whole tablet once.
Wait for at least 10 minutes before lying down after taking the tablet. In case of stomach upset, the tablet should be taken with food, milk, or an antacid. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Use the lowest dose that is effective in treating your condition. In addition, if you use Voltaren long-term, you may need frequent medical tests.
Voltaren Rapid K should be taken exactly as prescribed by a healthcare provider. Avoid taking more than the recommended dose or taking it for longer than prescribed.
Common Side Effects of Voltaren Rapid K (Diclofenac Potassium):
- Abnormal lab tests
- Increased blood pressure
- Itching, sweating
- Stomach pain
- Stuffy nose
- Swelling or pain in your arms or legs
Serious Side Effects of Voltaren Rapid K (Diclofenac Potassium):
- Bloody or tarry stools
- Coughing up blood or vomit
- Dark urine
- Feeling short of breath
- Feeling tired or short of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
- Little or no urinating
- Painful or difficult urination
- Rapid weight gain
- Stomach pain (upper right side)
- Swelling in your arms or legs
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
Forms and Strength
Voltaren Rapid K (Diclofenac Potassium) is available in the following forms and strength:
- 50 mg
Diclofenac Potassium: Tablet
- 50 mg
- The importance of taking the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time to minimize the risk of side effects.
- The potential for an increased risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack or stroke, especially in people with pre-existing heart disease.
- The importance of avoiding the use of diclofenac during the last 20 weeks of pregnancy due to the risk of serious heart or kidney problems in the unborn baby.
- The potential for interactions with other medications, including certain blood thinners and anti-depressants.
- The need to use caution when taking Voltaren Rapid K in people with a history of stomach ulcers, liver or kidney disease, and asthma.
- The potential for side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and headache.
- The potential for allergic reactions, including hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- The potential for liver and kidney damage, especially with long-term use or in people with pre-existing liver or kidney disease.
- The possibility of an increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, stomach ulcers, and perforation.
- The importance of avoiding alcohol while taking Diclofenac Potassium, as it can increase the risk of side effects and further damage the liver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Diclofenac Potassium be used in children?
Diclofenac Potassium is not typically recommended for use in children under 14 years of age, as the safety and efficacy of the medication in this population has not been well-established.
Is Voltaren Rapid K addictive?
No, Voltaren Rapid K is not considered addictive. However, some people may become dependent on the medication if it is used for extended periods or in high doses.
How long does it take for Voltaren Rapid K to start working?
Voltaren Rapid K can start to work within 15-30 minutes after administration, with peak effects seen within 1-2 hours. However, the exact timing of pain relief may vary from person to person.
How should Diclofenac Potassium be stored?
Diclofenac Potassium should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. It should also be kept out of reach of children.
It's important to purchase Voltaren Rapid K from verified Canadian pharmacy.