Table of contents:
Veramyst Nasal Spray is a topical medication used to treat the symptoms of seasonal and year-round allergy such as runny/stuffy nose, sneezing and itching. It contains the active ingredient fluticasone furoate. Fluticasone furoate is a corticosteroid. It works by reducing inflammation in the nose.
Use and Dosage
Veramyst Nasal Spray should be used once a day or as directed by your doctor. Here are some general guidelines for how to use Veramyst: Do not spray in your eyes or mouth. Use Veramyst Nasal Spray regularly to get the most benefit from it.
To use Veramyst Nasal Spray, follow these instructions:
- Shake the container well before each use.
- Gently blow your nose before using the spray. Insert the tip of the nose piece into one of your nostrils. Close the other nostril with your finger.
- Tilt your head forward slightly and keep it upright.
- While breathing in through your nose, press down on the applicator to release a spray of the medication.
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the other nostril.
- Use the spray as directed by your doctor or the product package, usually once a day.
Clean the applicator regularly and keep track of the number of sprays used from the container. Discard the container after you have used the number of sprays specified on the manufacturer's package.
Do not increase your dose or use this Spray more often or for longer than directed. Your condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of side effects will increase. Children may need to use Veramyst Nasal Spray for a shorter amount of time to lower the risk of side effects.
Common Side Effects of Veramyst Nasal Spray (Fluticasone furoate):
- Minor nosebleed
- Burning or itching in your nose
- Sores or white patches inside or around your nose
- Trouble breathing
- Back pain
- Sinus pain
- Sore throat
Serious Side Effects of Veramyst Nasal Spray (Fluticasone furoate):
- Any wound that will not heal
- Blurred vision
- Body aches
- Crusting around your nostrils
- Eye pain
- Muscle weakness
- Noisy breathing
- Redness sores or white patches in your mouth or throat
- Runny nose
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe or ongoing nosebleeds
- Worsening tiredness
Forms and Strength
Veramyst Nasal Spray (Fluticasone furoate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Veramyst Nasal Spray: Nasal Spray
Fluticasone furoate: Nasal Spray
- Veramyst Nasal Spray should be used with caution in patients with severe hepatic impairment.
- Safety and efficacy of Veramyst Nasal Spray have not been established in children younger than two years of age.
- Long-term use of Veramyst Nasal Spray may increase the risk of fungal infections of the nose and throat.
- Use of Veramyst Nasal Spray may cause localized infections in the nose and throat.
- The use of Veramyst Nasal Spray may cause nasal septum perforation or other damage to the nasal mucosa.
- Patients who are taking corticosteroids (including Veramyst Nasal Spray) may be at an increased risk of developing cataracts or glaucoma.
- Veramyst Nasal Spray may interact with other medications, inform your healthcare provider of all medications and supplements you are taking.
- Veramyst Nasal Spray may cause an increased risk of pneumonia in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Use of Veramyst Nasal Spray may also cause serious allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, which can be life-threatening.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Veramyst Nasal Spray to start working?
Veramyst Nasal Spray starts to work right away, but it may take several days to begin experiencing the full benefits of the medication.
Can Veramyst Nasal Spray be used to treat other conditions besides allergies?
Veramyst Nasal Spray is specifically approved for the treatment of allergy symptoms caused by inflammation in the nose and should only be used for the purpose for which it was prescribed by a healthcare professional.
What should I do if I accidentally miss a dose of Veramyst Nasal Spray?
If you miss a dose of Veramyst Nasal Spray, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
How should I store Veramyst Nasal Spray?
Veramyst Nasal Spray should be stored at room temperature, away from light and moisture. It should not be frozen, and the container should be kept tightly closed when not in use.
It's important to purchase Veramyst Nasal Spray from verified Canadian pharmacy.