Table of contents:
Fisherman's Friend Citrus lozenges come in a sucrose-free, sugar-free formulation that helps to soothe the throat and alleviate coughs and sore throats. The lozenges also contain flavoring agents such as citrus aroma and menthol to provide a refreshing taste and further relieve the throat.
The citrus flavor of the lozenges offers a refreshing taste that can help to provide additional relief and comfort. The lozenges are free from sugar and sucrose, making them a great option for people who are watching their sugar intake.
Use and Dosage
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus comes in the form of lozenges to it orally. The lozenges should be placed on mouth and allow the lozenge to dissolve slowly in your mouth and swallow the dissolved liquid along with your saliva. Do not chew or swallow it whole.
Adults and children aged 5 years and older are instructed to allow one lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth as needed, up to a maximum of 10 lozenges in 24 hours. It can be repeated every 2 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor. Do not increase your dose or use the lozenges more often or for longer than directed.
If you have a sore throat that is severe or that lasts more than 2 days, or a cough that lasts more than 7 days or keeps coming back, or symptoms occur with a fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting, tell your doctor promptly.
If you are unsure about the proper use or if you have any concerns, you should consult your doctor or healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus (Menthol - non-Rx):
- Abdominal pain
Serious Side Effects of Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus (Menthol - non-Rx):
- Allergic reactions, such as hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Skin irritation or rash
- Interactions with medications, such as warfarin, which may increase the risk of bleeding
Forms and Strength
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus (Menthol - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus (Menthol - non-Rx): Lozenges (sucrose free)
- No dose
- Individuals should read the warnings, directions, and ingredients label before using the product.
- Individuals who are allergic to any of the ingredients should avoid using the product or should consult their healthcare provider first.
- Fisherman's Friend Sucrose Free Citrus lozenges should be used only for their intended purpose of relieving sore throats and coughs and should not be used in place of medical treatment or advice.
- The maximum recommended daily dose of 10 lozenges in 24 hours should not be exceeded.
- As with any medication or supplement, Fisherman's Friend Sucrose Free Citrus lozenges should be kept out of reach of children.
- Some individuals may experience side effects such as gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., bloating, flatulence, diarrhea) when consuming large amounts of sorbitol, which is used as a sweetener in the lozenges.
- Individuals who have diabetes or other medical conditions that require strict control of carbohydrate intake should monitor their intake of sorbitol-containing products, such as Fisherman's Friend Sucrose Free Citrus.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Fisherman's Friend lozenges safe?
Fisherman's Friend lozenges are generally considered safe for most people when taken as directed. However, individuals who are allergic to any of the ingredients or have certain medical conditions should consult their healthcare provider before using the product.
Can Fisherman's Friend lozenges be used by children?
Fisherman's Friend lozenges are generally safe for children aged 5 years and up, but parents should read the labeling and consult with their pediatrician before giving the product to a child.
How long does it take for Fisherman's Friend lozenges to take effect?
The timing may vary, but typically Fisherman's Friend lozenges start working immediately as you allow them to dissolve slowly in your mouth.
How long should I use Fisherman's Friend lozenges?
Fisherman's Friend lozenges can be used as needed until symptoms subside, but if symptoms persist for more than a few days, individuals should consult with their healthcare provider.
It's important to purchase Fishermans Friend Sucrose Free Citrus from verified Canadian pharmacy.