Table of contents:
Soolantra cream is a prescription topical treatment used to treat the bumps and blemishes caused by rosacea. It contains ivermectin as its active ingredient, which helps to reduce the symptoms of rosacea, such as redness, inflammation, and pimples. Soolantra works by reducing the inflammation associated with rosacea, as well as killing the parasites associated with this condition.
The active ingredient in Soolantra is ivermectin, which is an antiparasitic medication that is thought to work by disrupting the nervous system of parasites and mites, which can lead to their death. Ivermectin is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce the redness, inflammation, and pus-filled bumps that are characteristic of rosacea.
Overall, Soolantra helps to improve the appearance of the skin and reduce the symptoms of rosacea by targeting both the inflammation and the parasites associated with this condition.
Uses and Dosage
Soolantra cream is applied once daily to the affected areas of the face. As with all medications, talk to your dermatologist before using Soolantra cream to ensure it is the right treatment for you and to discuss any potential side effects.
To achieve the best results, it is recommended to use Soolantra cream regularly and at the same time each day. This prescription medication is usually used once a day. Using more than the prescribed amount or increasing the frequency of use is not advised as it will not improve your condition but rather increase the risk of adverse effects.
To use Soolantra cream, first, wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry. Then, using a pea-sized amount of the cream, apply it to each of the affected areas of the face, like the forehead, chin, nose, and each cheek, taking care to avoid the eyes and mouth. Use your fingertips to gently massage the cream into the skin until it is absorbed. Soolantra cream is typically applied once a day, preferably in the evening, and you should continue to use it for as long as directed by your dermatologist. It is important to talk to your dermatologist before using Soolantra cream to ensure it is the right treatment for you and to discuss any potential side effects.
Common Side Effects of Soolantra Cream (Ivermectin):
- Dry skin
- Eye irritation
- Red eyes
- Skin burning or stinging sensation and skin irritation where the medicine is applied
- Skin redness
- Stinging sensation on the affected area
Serious Side Effects of Soolantra Cream (Ivermectin):
- Skin burning sensation
- Skin irritation
Form and Strength
Soolantra Cream (Ivermectin) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Soolantra Cream: Cream
- Soolantra cream may cause an allergic reaction, especially in individuals who are allergic to other medications or compounds.
- You should avoid getting the cream in your eyes, as it may cause irritation.
- Soolantra cream may cause skin irritation, such as burning, stinging, or itching at the application site.
- Soolantra cream may cause dry skin, which may worsen if you use other topical acne or rosacea treatments in combination.
- Soolantra cream may interact with other medications, so it is important to inform your dermatologist if you are using any other topical or systemic treatments.
- The safety of Soolantra cream has not been established in pregnant or breastfeeding women, so these individuals should consult with a healthcare provider before using the medication.
- Soolantra cream may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight, so it is important to use sunscreen and avoid exposure to the sun as much as possible.
- The safety and effectiveness of Soolantra cream in children have not been established, so it should be used with caution in this population.
- Soolantra cream may cause reactions at the application site, such as redness, dryness, or flaking.
- Soolantra cream may interact with other topical skincare products, such as medicated cleansers or toners, so speak with your dermatologist before using multiple topical treatments together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long can you use Soolantra cream (ivermectin) for?
As long as Soolantra Cream is working for you, it is safe to keep using it long term. If you do not notice any improvement after using Soolantra (ivermectin cream) every day for 3 months, talk to your healthcare provider about alternatives.
Does Soolantra cream (ivermectin) help acne?
No. Soolantra cream (ivermectin) helps treat rosacea, but many people with rosacea will experience pimples along with redness and inflammation.
How often should I use Soolantra cream?
Soolantra cream is typically applied once a day, preferably in the evening.
Is Soolantra cream available over the counter?
No, Soolantra cream is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter.
It's important to purchase Soolantra Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.