Table of contents:
Kenacomb cream is a topical medication used to relieve inflammation and itching caused by several types of skin conditions that are already infected or are susceptible to becoming infected. It can be used to treat eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and other skin irritations.
Kenacomb cream is a combination of four different drugs, namely triamcinolone, neomycin, nystatin, and gramicidin, which work together to reduce inflammation, prevent, or treat bacterial and fungal infections, and relieve itching. Neomycin and Gramicidin are antibacterial medications. Triamcinolone is a corticosteroid that is effective against inflammation, itching, and redness, while Nystatin is an antifungal medication.
Use and Dosage
Apply Kenacomb Cream in thin layer of the cream on the affected area 2-3 times a day, or as recommended by a healthcare provider. However, the dosage and frequency may vary depending on the condition being treated, follow the instructions provided by a healthcare professional.
Wash your hands, and clean and dry the affected area, before and after applying Kenacomb cream. Gently apply a thin layer of Kenacomb cream onto the affected area of the skin. Use it 2-3 times a day or as directed by your physician Kenacomb cream is for topical use only and shouldn't be ingested. Avoid getting the medicine in your eyes.
Do not use Kenacomb Cream for more than the prescribed duration, as prolonged use of topical steroids can lead to skin thinning and other side effects. Don't stop taking the medication abruptly. Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any side effects after using the medication.
Common Side Effects of Kenacomb Cream (Neomycin/Gramicidin/ Nystatin/Triamcinolone):
Serious Side Effects of Kenacomb Cream (Neomycin/Gramicidin/ Nystatin/Triamcinolone):
- Blurred vision
- Constant thirst
- Discoloration of skin
- Folliculitis (appearance of tiny bumps on skin)
- Frequent urination
- Increased hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Swelling in the feet
- Swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, redness of the skin, rashes, hives, itching, and difficulty breathing
- Vision changes
- Weight loss
Forms and Strength
Kenacomb Cream (Neomycin/Gramicidin/Nystatin/Triamcinolone) is available in the following forms and strength:
- Kenacomb should not be used in individuals with a history of allergies to neomycin, polymyxin b, or gramicidin should not use kenacomb.
- Kenacomb should not be used in the eyes, ears, or nose. If accidental contact occurs, flush the area with water and seek medical attention immediately.
- Kenacomb should not be used on large areas of the body or for extended periods of time as it may cause systemic absorption of the antibiotic and lead to toxicity.
- Kenacomb may cause skin irritation or itching. If this occurs, discontinue the usage, and contact a doctor or pharmacist.
- Kenacomb may increase the risk of nephrotoxicity (toxicity that affects the kidneys) in individuals with kidney disease.
- Kenacomb may increase the risk of ototoxicity (toxicity that affects the ear) in individuals with hearing disorders or those taking loop diuretics.
- Kenacomb should not be used in children under 2 years of age, as safety and effectiveness have not been established in this age group.
- Kenacomb should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Kenacomb Cream to work?
Kenacomb cream may start working within the first few days of continuous treatment. Even if your skin condition has already improved, you must keep using this medication until the doctor prescribes it.
How long does Kenacomb stay in your system?
It stays in the body for about 24 to 48 hours.
How long will triamcinolone stay in the body?
Studies suggest that its single intramuscular dose can cause adrenal suppression within 24 to 48 hours. It gradually returns to normal in about 30 to 40 days.
What foods should I avoid while taking Kenacomb cream?
Avoid alcohol and limit caffeine intake.
How long should I use Kenacomb Cream?
Your physician will tell you your Kenacomb Cream dosage and how long you should use it. Remember not to alter your dosage or use this cream longer than prescribed to avoid serious side effects.
It's important to purchase Kenacomb Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.