Table of contents:
Jamp K20 is a brand of potassium chloride extended-release tablets. It is a mineral supplement used to treat or prevent low levels of potassium in the blood. The tablets contain 1500mg (20mEq K) of potassium chloride and are typically taken once a day.
Jamp K20 tablets, like other potassium supplements, work by providing the body with additional potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral that helps regulate several important bodily functions, including muscle and nerve function, heart function, and fluid balance. Low levels of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia) can lead to health problems, including muscle weakness, cramping, and irregular heartbeat.
Use and Dosage
Potassium Chloride ER (Extended Release) tablets are typically taken orally with a full glass of water. The tablets should be swallowed as whole and should not be chewed, crushed, or broken. It is taken with or directly after meals to avoid stomach upset. Follow the instructions and dosage prescribed by the healthcare provider.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and not take it more frequently than prescribed. In case of a missed dose, it should be taken as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for the next dose. In such case, the missed dose should be skipped, and medication should be continued with the next scheduled dose. In case of any questions or concerns regarding the use of potassium chloride ER tablets, consulting a healthcare provider is recommended.
Common Side Effects of Jamp K20 (Potassium Chloride):
- Skin rash (rarely)
- Stomach pain or upset
Serious Side Effects of Jamp K20 (Potassium Chloride):
- Difficult or painful swallowing, or
- Feeling as if the capsule/tablet is stuck in your throat
Forms and Strength
Jamp K20 (Potassium Chloride) is available in the following forms and strength:
Potassium Chloride: ER Tablet
- People with elevated levels of potassium in their blood (hyperkalemia) should not take Jamp K-20.
- People with certain medical conditions, such as kidney disease, heart disease, Addison's disease, or dehydration, may need to use the tablet with caution.
- Jamp K-20 may interact with other medications, such as certain diuretics and ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitors, inform your healthcare provider of any other medications you are taking before starting treatment with Jamp K-20.
- Follow the dosage instructions closely, as taking too much Jamp K-20 can cause serious complications, such as irregular heartbeat or cardiac arrest.
- Jamp K-20 is not recommended for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, as it may harm the unborn baby or nursing infant.
- People with certain digestive conditions, such as stomach ulcers or inflammation, may need to use Jamp K-20 with caution, or avoid it altogether.
- Alcohol and certain medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), may increase the risk of stomach bleeding when taken with Jamp K-20.
- Jamp K-20 may cause stomach upset, nausea, or vomiting, and should be taken with food or a full glass of water to minimize these effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Jamp K20 available over the counter?
No, Jamp K20 is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Jamp K20?
If you miss a dose of Jamp K20, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How should Jamp K20 be stored?
Jamp K20 should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep the tablets in their original container with the lid tightly closed.
It's important to purchase Jamp K20 from verified Canadian pharmacy.