- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate ER)Prescription Required
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
Isosorbide Mononitrate ER (Generic alternate to Imdur) Generic
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Imdur known by its generic name Isosorbide Mononitrate is a prescription medication indicated to prevent chest pain (angina) in patients with a certain heart condition (coronary artery disease). It belongs to the group of medicines called nitrates. Isosorbide mononitrate works by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the supply of oxygen and blood flow to the heart.
Isosorbide mononitrate is a medication used to treat angina; a chest pain caused by insufficient oxygen reaching the heart. It is also used to prevent heart attacks in people who have already had one. Imdur helps to prevent angina attacks, but it cannot be used to stop an angina attack that has already started.
Uses and Dosage
IMDUR comes in the form of an extended-release tablet that should be taken once daily as directed by your doctor. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing and use it with a half glass of water (4 ounces/120 milliliters) unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Only split the tablet if it has a score line and your doctor or pharmacist instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting dose of IMDUR tablets is usually 30 mg once daily, taken as a single 30 mg tablet or as half of a 60 mg tablet. Alternatively, your doctor may prescribe a starting dose of 60 mg taken as a single tablet once daily. Your doctor may adjust your dose based on your response to the medication and side effects. Follow your doctor’s instructions on how to take IMDUR, including the dose and frequency of the medication.
Common Side Effects of Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate):
Serious Side Effects of Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate)
- Irregular heartbeat
Form and strength
Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate) is available in the following forms and strengths:
· Imdur: Extended-Release Tablet
- 30 mg
- 60 mg
· Isosorbide Mononitrate: Tablet
- 30 mg
- 60 mg
- Do not take Imdur if you are allergic to isosorbide mononitrate or any other nitrate medications.
- Imdur is not recommended for use in patients with severe anemia, closed-angle glaucoma, or hypotension. It can worsen symptoms in people with hypotension, which is low blood pressure.
- Isosorbide mononitrate use requires caution in patients with certain conditions, such as hypothyroidism, hypovolemia, and heart failure.
- Isosorbide mononitrate may interact with other medications, such as Viagra (sildenafil), blood pressure medications, and other nitrates. It may interact with other medications, such as blood pressure medications, certain antibiotics, and medications for erectile dysfunction, causing potentially serious side effects.
- Imdur may cause low blood pressure and dizziness, especially when standing up or getting up from a lying or seated position. Imdur may impair your ability to perform activities that require mental alertness.
- Isosorbide mononitrate may cause low blood pressure, especially when used with other blood pressure-lowering medications.
- Isosorbide mononitrate should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When is the best time to take isosorbide?
You should take this medicine first thing in the morning and follow the same schedule each day. This medicine works best if you have a “drug-free” period of time every day when you do not take it.
How long after taking isosorbide can I eat?
Take this medication on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after food. Do not take with food. Take your medication at regular intervals.
When do you stop taking isosorbide mononitrate?
Do not stop taking isosorbide mononitrate. Ask your doctor before using any headache pain medication. Use this medicine regularly to prevent an angina attack.
How long does it take for isosorbide to start working?
After oral administration, isosorbide mononitrate EL has a quick onset of action (30 minutes) and effects are evident for up to 17 hours.
Isosorbide Mononitrate, Isosorbide Mononitrate ER, Isosorbide Mononitrate PR
ER Tablet, Extended Release Tablet, Extended ReleaseTablet, Tablet
30mg, 60mg, 120mg
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate ER). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate ER).