Table of contents:
Enstilar foam is a prescription medication indicated for the topical treatment of plaque psoriasis in patients 18 years of age and older. Enstilar helps to reduce the redness, thickening, and scaling of the skin that occurs with this condition. It is a combination of two active ingredients: calcipotriene and betamethasone dipropionate.
Calcipotriene is a synthetic form of vitamin D and works by slowing down the overproduction of skin cells, while betamethasone dipropionate is a corticosteroid that helps reduce swelling, itching, and redness.
Uses and Dosage
Enstilar foam should be used exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider, usually once a day for up to 4 weeks. To use Enstilar Foam, shake the can before using it. Hold the can in any orientation except horizontally and spray it directly onto each affected skin area. Rub the foam gently into your skin until it disappears.
Enstilar Foam should be applied once a day for up to four weeks, or as prescribed by your healthcare provider. Do not use more than 60 grams of the foam every four days. If you accidentally get Enstilar Foam on normal skin, wipe it off right away.
Common Side Effects of Enstilar Foam (Calcipotriol/Betamethasone):
- Mild burning
- Mild irritation of the skin
- Temporary redness
Serious Side Effects of Enstilar Foam (Calcipotriol/Betamethasone):
- Increased urination
- Inflammation of hair follicles
- Skin discoloration
- Skin thinning
- The appearance of stretch marks
- Unexplained constipation
- Unusual tiredness
- Vision problems
- Weight loss
- Worsening of psoriasis
Form and strength
Enstilar Foam (Calcipotriol/Betamethasone) is available in the following forms and strength:
Enstilar Foam: Foam
- If you have had a previous allergic reaction to calcipotriol, betamethasone, or any other ingredient in Enstilar Foam, you should avoid using this medication.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, or other mucous membranes: Enstilar Foam should not be applied to or near the eyes, mouth, or other mucous membranes.
- Enstilar Foam should not be used on areas of the skin that have cuts, abrasions, or infections.
- People with reduced liver or kidney function may need to be monitored more closely while using Enstilar Foam.
- Some people may experience symptoms of corticosteroid withdrawal when stopping the use of Enstilar Foam. These symptoms may include redness, itching, or a burning sensation on the skin.
- The safety and efficacy of Enstilar Foam have not been established in children under 18 years of age or in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Use with caution in people with a history of skin thinning: Enstilar Foam contains a corticosteroid, which may cause the skin to become thinner over time. People with a history of skin thinning should use this medication with caution.
- If Enstilar Foam accidentally gets in your eyes, rinse your eyes with cool water immediately and contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Enstilar Foam may increase blood sugar levels, so people with diabetes should monitor their blood sugar levels closely while using this medication.
- Enstilar Foam may increase the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight, avoid excessive sun exposure and use protective clothing, sunscreen and avoid tanning beds.
- Enstilar Foam should be discontinued gradually, under the direction of a healthcare provider, to avoid symptoms of corticosteroid withdrawal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Enstilar Foam used for?
Enstilar Foam is used to treat plaque psoriasis in adults.
Can I use Enstilar Foam if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
The safety and efficacy of Enstilar Foam have not been established in pregnant or breastfeeding women, so you should discuss the risks and benefits of using this medication with your healthcare provider before using it.
Is Enstilar Foam safe for children?
The safety and efficacy of Enstilar Foam have not been established in children under 18 years of age.
How long does it take for Enstilar Foam to work?
The time it takes for Enstilar Foam to work varies from person to person. Some people may see an improvement in their psoriasis symptoms within a few days, while others may take several weeks to see results.
Can Enstilar Foam be used on the face?
Do not use it on the face, as it may cause irritation, thinning of the skin, and increased sensitivity to the sun.
Can I use Enstilar Foam with other topical medications?
Enstilar Foam should not be used with other topical medications without the approval of your healthcare provider, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
Can Enstilar Foam be used for other skin conditions?
Enstilar Foam is approved for the treatment of plaque psoriasis only and should not be used to treat other skin conditions unless directed by your healthcare provider.
It's important to purchase Enstilar Foam from verified Canadian pharmacy.