Table of contents:
Anusol plus Suppository is a medication used for the relief of symptoms associated with hemorrhoids, such as swelling, pain, and itching. The suppository form of the medication is inserted into the rectum and slowly dissolves to release the active ingredients. Anusol plus Suppository contains zinc sulfate and pramoxine. It works by reducing swelling, irritation, and itching.
Use and Dosage
Anusol plus Suppository is typically used up to 3-4 times per day or as directed by a healthcare professional. To use Anusol plus Suppository:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and make sure the rectal area is clean and dry.
- Remove the suppository from its wrapping.
- Gently insert the pointed end of the suppository into the anus with your finger, pointed end first.
- Push the suppository in as far as it can go, about 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) into the rectum.
- Wash your hands again.
- Use the suppository 2 to 4 times a day, or as directed by your doctor.
- If the suppository is too soft to insert, place it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before unwrapping it.
Do not insert more than three suppositories in one day. Do not use for longer than 7 consecutive days. If your symptoms do not improve or if they worsen, contact your doctor. Also, keep in mind that Anusol plus Suppository contains an anesthetic for extra pain relief, and it is indicated for the relief of hemorrhoids.
Common Side Effects of Anusol plus Suppository (Zinc sulfate/pramoxine - non-Rx):
- Changes in your menstrual periods
- Increased facial or body hair growth
- Increased sweating and
- Mild rectal pain or burning
Serious Side Effects of Anusol plus Suppository (Zinc sulfate/pramoxine - non-Rx):
- Bleeding from your rectum
- Muscle weakness
- Pain behind your eyes
- Rapid weight gain (especially in your face and midsection)
- Severe rectal pain or burning
- Severe stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden and severe headache
- Swelling of your ankles or feet
Forms and Strength
Anusol plus Suppository (Zinc sulfate/pramoxine - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Anusol plus Suppository: Suppository
- Avoid contact with eyes: This medication is for rectal use only and should not be used in or around the eyes. In case of accidental contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage: Using more than the recommended dosage can increase the risk of side effects or may not provide additional benefit.
- Side effects: While rare, some people may experience side effects such as mild burning or itching at the site of application. If you experience any unusual symptoms, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- External hemorrhoids: Anusol Plus Suppository is typically used for internal hemorrhoids. If you have external hemorrhoids, you may need a different type of medication or treatment.
- Persistent symptoms: If your symptoms do not improve or worsen after using this medication for several days, you should consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Allergy: If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Anusol plus Suppository, you should not use this medication.
- Medical history: If you have a history of certain medical conditions, including diabetes, liver disease, or glaucoma, you should speak with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
- Pregnancy/breastfeeding: Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should consult with their healthcare provider before using this medication.
- Interactions with other medications: Anusol plus Suppository may interact with other medications you are taking. Therefore, it is important to speak with your doctor or pharmacist about any other medications you are taking before using this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Anusol plus Suppository be used for other conditions besides hemorrhoids?
Anusol plus Suppository is formulated specifically for the relief of symptoms associated with hemorrhoids and should not be used for other conditions unless directed by a healthcare professional.
How long does it take for Anusol plus Suppository to work?
The time it takes for Anusol plus Suppository to work can vary depending on the severity of your symptoms. However, you should start to notice some relief within a few days of use.
Can Anusol plus Suppository be used with other hemorrhoid medications?
You should speak with your doctor or pharmacist before using multiple hemorrhoid medications, as some may interact with each other or cause unwanted side effects.
Can Anusol plus Suppository be used for children?
Anusol plus Suppository is not recommended for use in children unless directed by a healthcare professional.
How should I store Anusol plus Suppository?
Anusol plus Suppository should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept out of reach of children. Do not use this product if the suppositories are discolored, deformed, or have a foul odor.
It's important to purchase Anusol Plus Suppository from verified Canadian pharmacy.