Table of contents:
Tensor knee supports are designed to provide comfortable support for weakened muscles, improve stability, and reduce pain during physical activities. The Tensor knee supports are adjustable, lightweight, and made with a breathable material that allows for a full range of movement.
The Tensor knee supports have a unique seamless design that ensures a proper fit and even compression. They contour to the natural bend of the knee to minimize bunching and slipping. The reinforced edges enhance comfort and durability, making them suitable for extended wear and/or chronic injuries.
Use and Dosage
Here are some general guidelines for using a knee support:
- Make sure to select the correct size of the knee support to ensure a proper fit and effectiveness.
- Place the knee support over your knee joint, with any straps or closures positioned correctly.
- Adjust any straps or closures to achieve a snug and comfortable fit. Ensure that the knee support is securely in place without causing excessive tightness or discomfort.
- If the "Knee Support Tensor Plus" comes with specific instructions or recommendations from the manufacturer, follow them carefully.
Remember that these are general guidelines and refer to the specific instructions provided by the manufacturer of the "Knee Support Tensor Plus" for accurate and appropriate usage.
Common Side Effects of Knee Support Tensor Plus (BD - non-Rx):
- Can cause the muscles surrounding the knee to weaken over time
Forms and Strength
Knee Support Tensor Plus (BD - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Knee Support Tensor Plus: Knee support
- Prolonged reliance on a knee Support for support without incorporating physical therapy or rehabilitation exercises may lead to muscle weakness or dependency on the Support.
- Prolonged use of a knee Support, particularly if it is made of materials that are not hypoallergenic, may lead to skin irritation or allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin or known allergies, choose a knee Support made of suitable materials or consult with a healthcare professional.
- Some individuals may experience discomfort or irritation when wearing a knee Support, especially if it is not properly fitted or if there is friction between the Support and the skin. Ensure a proper fit and adjust the Support as needed for comfort.
- Wearing a knee Support that is too tight or constrictive may restrict blood flow to the leg. Choose a knee Support that provides adequate support without excessively compressing the leg.
- Pay attention to how your body responds to the knee support. If you experience any pain, discomfort, numbness, or other unusual sensations, discontinue use, and consult with a healthcare professional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should you sleep with a tensor bandage on your knee?
The bandage should provide a snug compression, but not restrict movement or blood flow. Remove compression bandages at night while sleeping. As swelling reduces it may be necessary to adjust compression bandage.
How long should I use knee support?
It's usually at least 6 weeks but could be longer depending on the severity of your injury.
How do I clean my brace/support?
First, if your support has hinges, remove them. Then close all straps and fasteners, and hand-wash the support with mild soap in warm (not hot) water. Rinse well and air dry.
It's important to purchase Knee Support Tensor Plus from verified Canadian pharmacy.