- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate)Prescription Required
Flovent HFA Brand
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
Fluticasone Propionate (Generic alternate to Flovent HFA) Generic
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Flovent HFA is an inhaled corticosteroid medication used for the prevention and treatment of asthma symptoms in adults and children aged 4 years and older. It helps reduce swelling and inflammation in the lungs, making it easier to breathe. It contains the active ingredient fluticasone propionate, which works by reducing inflammation in the airways.
Flovent HFA is not a rescue inhaler and should not be used for the treatment of acute asthma attacks. It is a medication used to control and prevent the symptoms of asthma. It reduces the swelling of the airway and the lungs, which allows for easier breathing. However, this type of medication does not work immediately and should not be used for sudden asthma episodes.
Uses and Dosage
Flovent comes as a metered-dose inhaler and should be used daily as directed by a healthcare provider for optimal results. Do not use this inhalation unless you have fully understood the instructions and drug information in the guide provided. If you need further medical advice or have queries about using this corticosteroid, you may ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Here are the general instructions on how to use Flovent HFA (fluticasone inhalation aerosol) for the treatment of asthma:
- Shake the inhaler well for 5 seconds before each use.
- Exhale fully before placing the mouthpiece fully into your mouth and closing your lips around it.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your mouth and press down on the canister to release one puff of the medication.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds or as long as comfortable, then exhale slowly.
- Wait at least one minute between inhalations, shaking the inhaler again if needed.
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit it out after each use, to reduce the chance of developing an oral yeast infection.
- Clean the inhaler at least once a week by removing the canister and mouthpiece and washing them in warm water.
Follow the specific instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the product insert that comes with the medication. They may recommend a different dosage, frequency of use or any additional precautions to ensure proper use and best results. Additionally, if your symptoms worsen or do not improve, seek medical attention immediately.
Common Side Effects of Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate):
- Chest tightness
- Cold symptoms (stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, sinus pain)
- Hoarseness or deepening voice
- Low fever
- Upset stomach
- White patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips
Serious Side Effects of Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate):
- Blurred vision
- Breathing problems after using the medicine
- Chest pain
- Clay-colored stools
- Dark urine
- Eye pain
- Loss of appetite
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe tingling
- Skin rash
- Stomach pain
- Tired feeling
- Tunnel vision
- Upper stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Worsening of your asthma symptoms
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
Form and strength
Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate) is available in the following forms and strength:
· Flovent HFA: Inhaler
- 50 mcg
- 125 mcg
- 250 mcg
· Fluticasone Propionate: Inhaler
- 125 mcg
- Use with caution in patients with active or quiescent tuberculosis, untreated fungal, bacterial, or viral infections, or ocular herpes simplex.
- Worsening of existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, or viral infections can occur with the use of Flovent HFA.
- Flovent HFA can reduce adrenal function. It may occur when taken in high doses or for prolonged periods of time.
- Use with caution in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Flovent HFA.
- Long-term use of high doses of inhaled corticosteroids, such as Flovent HFA, may increase the risk of decreased bone density or osteoporosis. Discuss any concerns you have about using Flovent HFA with your healthcare provider. They can provide more specific guidance on the appropriate use of this medication and any potential risks or side effects.
- Patients should be monitored for signs of systemic corticosteroid effects, such as hypercorticism and adrenal suppression.
- Flovent HFA may cause immune system reactions such as allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.
- Use with caution in patients with hepatic impairment and in those who are taking strong cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors, as fluticasone propionate is primarily metabolized by CYP3A4.
- Flovent HFA can cause changes in the bone mineral density, particularly in patients at high risk of osteoporosis. Discuss any concerns or questions about using Flovent HFA with your healthcare provider, along with any other medications and supplements you are taking, as they can have interactions with each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Flovent HFA cure my asthma?
No, Flovent HFA cannot cure asthma.
Is there anyone who should not use Flovent HFA?
You should not use Flovent HFA if you are allergic to fluticasone or milk. Discuss with your healthcare provider before using any new medication.
Can children use Flovent HFA?
Flovent HFA is approved for use in children ages 4 and older. The appropriate dosage will depend on the child’s age and weight, consult with a healthcare provider to determine the correct dose.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Flovent HFA?
If you miss a dose of Flovent HFA, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
50mcg, 125mcg, 250mcg
120doses, 240doses, 360doses
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Flovent HFA (Fluticasone Propionate).