Table of contents:
Florastor is a probiotic supplement indicated for years as a natural remedy for digestive health issues. It contains the active ingredient called Saccharomyces boulardii lyo, which is a unique strain of yeast found in tropical climates. Saccharomyces boulardii lyo works to balance the natural bacteria in the gut, helping to improve digestive and overall health.
Saccharomyces boulardii lyo is a non-prescription probiotic supplement containing the active probiotic strain Saccharomyces boulardii CNCM I-745. It is used to help promote the body's natural intestinal flora and can help reduce the symptoms of some gastrointestinal issues.
Florastor can also help to protect against certain types of infections, including Clostridioides difficile infections. It is available in capsule and powder form and can be purchased without a prescription.
Uses and Dosage
Florastor comes in the form of capsules, and can be swallowed whole, or the contents can be emptied onto the tongue and followed by drinking 4 ounces of water or juice. You can also open the capsule and shake the contents over semi-solid food, such as applesauce or yogurt. Additionally, you can open the capsule and dissolve the contents in a liquid such as water, juice, or milk before drinking.
For the treatment of diarrhea, the recommended dose for adults and children is one 250 mg capsule of Saccharomyces boulardii lyo taken orally two times daily.
Common Side Effects of Florastor:
Serious Side Effects of Using Florastor:
- Signs of Alleric reactions
- Peeling skin with or without fever
- Tightness in the chest or throat
- Trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking
- Unusual hoarseness
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
Form and strength
Florastor (Saccharomyces Boulardii Lyo - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength
- 250 mcg
- The main cautions associated with Florastor are potential gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea and diarrhea. Florastor should not be taken if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the product.
- People with a weakened immune system should also talk to their doctor before taking Florastor as it may increase the risk of infection.
- Florastor should not be taken if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as there is not enough research to determine its safety during these times.
- Talk to your doctor before taking Florastor if you have any other medical conditions or are taking any other medications.
- May cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to yeast or other ingredients in the product.
- It should not be used in children younger than 2 years of age unless recommended by a doctor.
- Florastor Should be used cautiously in people with weakened immune systems, kidney disease, and other medical conditions.
- Florastor Should not be taken at the same time as antibiotics or antifungal medications.
- Should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Florastor May interact with certain medications, so talk to your doctor before taking Florastor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can a pregnant woman use Florastor?
Florastor is considered safe for use during pregnancy, but it is important to speak to your doctor before taking it, as there may be risks associated with its use that your doctor can advise you on.
How long can I use Florastor?
Florastor can be used for up to 15 months without any known negative side effects. However, it is best to speak to your healthcare provider if you are considering taking Florastor for a longer period of time to ensure that it is safe for you.
How long does it take for Florastor to start working?
The effects of Florastor may vary from person to person. It can take several days or weeks before you may start to notice any positive effects from taking Florastor.
How should I take Florastor?
Florastor should be taken as directed by the manufacturer's instructions. It is best taken with meals and can be taken with or without food. Take Florastor consistently, as directed, to ensure that it is effective.
How much Florastor should I take?
The recommended dosage for Florastor is one capsule per day. It is best taken with meals and can be taken with or without food. If you are taking other medications, it is important to speak to your healthcare provider before taking Florastor.
It's important to purchase Florastor from verified Canadian pharmacy.