Table of contents:
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is an over-the-counter medication used to relieve occasional constipation. It belongs to a group of medications called laxatives. It works by coating the waste matter inside your intestines to help seal in water. This helps to soften the stool and make it easier to pass.
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is available over the counter and is generally safe to use for short periods of time. It is commonly used to provide fast, gentle relief from occasional constipation.
Uses and Dosage
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is for rectal use only and should not be taken by mouth. Before using fleet mineral oil enema, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly and follow the instructions on the label. Remove the tip of the enema, gently insert it into the rectum as directed, and squeeze the enema bottle until you have received the prescribed dose. Then, gently remove the enema tip from your rectum and discard it.
Do not reuse any leftover medication from the enema, and do not use fleet mineral oil enema more often than directed. The use of fleet mineral oil enema in children may require caution and you should speak to your care team before administering it to young children.
The recommended dosage for adults and children 12 years and over is one enema per day, or as directed by a doctor. It should not be used for more than one week, as prolonged use may cause dependency.
Common Side Effects of Fleet Mineral Oil Enema (Mineral Oil Enema Rectal):
- Mild diarrhea
- Stomach cramps
Signs of an allergic reaction:
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
Serious Side Effects of Fleet Mineral Oil Enema (Mineral Oil Enema Rectal):
- Blood in your stools
- No bowel movement after use
- Rectal bleeding
- Severe and worsening stomach pain, cramping, or bloating
Form and strength
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema (Mineral Oil Enema Rectal) is available in the following forms and strength:
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema Patch: Liquid
- Do not use the enema if you are allergic to mineral oil or any of the other ingredients.
- Consult a doctor or pharmacist before using fleet mineral oil enema if you have any underlying medical conditions, such as inflammatory bowel disease or heart failure, or if you are taking any medications.
- Do not use Fleet Mineral Oil Enema for more than a week without consulting a doctor.
- Stop using Fleet Mineral Oil Enema and consult a doctor if you experience abdominal pain, vomiting, or if you notice blood in your stool.
- Do not use Fleet Mineral Oil Enema if you have a blocked intestine, abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting, or if you are unable to have a bowel movement.
- Do not give Fleet Mineral Oil Enema to a child younger than 2 years old.
- People with eating disorders (such as anorexia or bulimia) should not use this medication without the advice of a doctor.
- Do not use more than 1 Fleet Mineral Oil Enema enema in a 24-hour period. Do not use Fleet Mineral Oil Enema for longer than 1 week without your doctor's advice.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using Fleet Mineral Oil Enema, it is not known whether it could harm an unborn baby. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy status before using Fleet Mineral Oil Enema.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby, it is not known whether mineral oil passes into breast milk or if it could be harmful to the nursing baby. Therefore, before taking Fleet Mineral Oil Enema, inform your doctor if you are currently breastfeeding a baby.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I use Fleet Mineral Oil Enema?
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is intended for rectal use only. The recommended dose is one enema per use. Follow the instructions on the package carefully, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Is Fleet Mineral Oil Enema safe to use?
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is generally safe to use for short periods of time. However, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Fleet Mineral Oil Enema, particularly if you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications.
Is Fleet Mineral Oil Enema gluten-free?
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema does not contain gluten.
How often can Fleet Mineral Oil Enema be used?
Fleet Mineral Oil Enema should not be used more than once a day.
It's important to purchase Fleet Mineral Oil Enema from verified Canadian pharmacy.